- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
DMC=Heavier, Not as fast
ION=Nothing like an Ego, just had to share that lol
EGO 06 Stock
Hopper=Halo b rip/vic/delrin cone
Stock barrel is fine but if you must I would upgrade that
Bit loud who cares, you should be using this for speed ball, loud doesnt matter
I have been using Planet Eclipse for their Egos for sometime. I have always been happy with their service and quality. You get what you pay for. People complain about the price but understand you can go out and buy another gun but to add on to compare to what the ego offers you will spend about the same. The gun is great, you can see the picture of it, mine are the two (2) that are green/black and vise versa. I love the gun so much that I bought two. There is a reason though why, the gun is so great that I am getting my team a set of custom Ego 06 with engraved team logo, that’s how much we love these guns. The guns are consistent and very air efficient. The speed of the gun rips, I was mowing the field, and the accuracy with the stock barrel was awesome, I mean it can be better but that is just to show you that the stock parts are great already. Ok now I want to clear something up because I always hear this from other people “The Ego kicks like hell” rebuttal “NO IT DOESNT” everyone on my team (14 players) tested it and have said no kick what so ever, their ages range from 12-28 so even the youngest didn’t have a problem shooting the gun. I put 2000 paint through it so far and not one break and I am using Stingers. THE LCD IS A BUETY I MEAN ITS SO EASY TO READ Ahhhhhhhhhh. The Egos manual is very helpful, and the gun is easy to take apart, so if you are scared about cleaning the gun because of parts, don’t worry, every tip on how to clean it is in the manual. SUPER low to maintain. The trigger is amazing, magnetic and spring action make this an easy to shoot. NO BOUNCE WHAT SO EVER! Plain and simple, if you got the money get this gun, you won’t regret it trust me. Planet Eclipse rocks with everything they make and service is great.
BUY BUY BUY BUY, you will not regret this gun, it is worth ever penny.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, February 27th, 2006 at 2:01 pm PST
ion, shocker, timmy,proto,naughty dogs indian creek
black with red barrel, red eye cover,red feedneck,red star trigger,virtue board, cp regulater
very fast hopper, maybe a new on off, regulater
Fast, Light, Cool looking, and its an ego, cool stuff
Kind of long and not air efficant
Im 12 started playing in school a freind got me into it and i like it. If this is going to be your first gun with led and membrain pad dont mess with it. It has a game timer avarage rof ramp, trainging mode but my virtue has a bunch of other things like full auto and break out mode and other cool things. The only thing that i would recomend is a mad fast hopper and new on off and a cooler regulater like a cp or somthing.
Its crazy fast light and just awsome great for tournaments
Gun Metal Grey 06
Eclipse Ego Nexus Style Bolt stock
Empire 45x45 tank
Empire reloader B hopper
This gun is ready to rock from the Box,Very easy to maintain, easy to tech.This gun is light weight and feels great in your hands. Comes with a ramping board that keeps you on your toes with great control or the ramping. I have spent years teching on guns working at a shop and this is easy.
No mater what gun you do get, this has been the best that i have seen and played with and I have had a lot of guns in my hands.
Dye throttle peanut tank
all maerican barrel
halo b w/ rip drive
None it's perfect
Fast, very good stock board, looks hot, light.
Loud but who cares.
Very nice gun, I've played with it every weekend the past 2 months and it has had any problems. It is very low maintence for a high end gun. The gun is very light. And the feed neck is awsome cause you can use any loader you want. The lcd display screen is awsome. I would rate this gun above a ten.
I would recomend this gun to anyone that can afford and the paint is puts out.
Easy to use and fairly quick. Easy to get to max rate of fire.
The one peice barrel isn't the best but what stock barrels are?
I just got this marker a couple of weeks ago, and I have to say it is by far the easyest marker I've ever used. I took it out of the box and it was ready to go. The only ajustments I had to make was to the trigger but that is personal preference. The manual is good with easy to follow directions for all is features. It also gives a good discription on how to take it apart.
A person who has never played paintball can pick this marker up and use it
Black Ego 06 w/ BlackHaloB w/rip drive, soon to have blue accents, Dye UL barrel, Crosfire 45-45ci tank.
Ram Cap (optional)
If you have a single color, maybe get a fade or some accents on the gun.
Not really an upgrade, but adjust the trigger out of the box.
New Barrel, stock is ok, would say for the ego, get a UL, or Stiffi.
Weights/Size/Durability/- The 06 Ego is nice and compact, not as compact as other guns, but its the perfect size for me, Literally weighs nothing w/ whole setup. Like alot of my stuff, this gun can take a killing.
Over the Chrono/No Dropoff/Range/Accuracy- Over the chrono i was consitently hitting with a bit of ajustment, 258,254,256,253, etc. While playing with this gun there was no dropoff, which ties in with range, with the Dye UL I could easily hit between 4x4 square.
Speed- Very fast marker on semi. I have slow fingers at a normal pace, and I could easily hit 14-16 bps. Going a bit faster, 16-17.
Anno/Milling- All looks good, nice anno finish, exellent milling, easy to clean the gun after a day on the field.
Ease of operation/Maintenence- Just hit that button in the middle, and your ready to go. Maintenence is also incredibly easy.
Battery Hog-goes through batterys quite fast, have to replace mine once every two weeks or so.
Great gun, despit its very few weaknesses, I highly reccomend to everyone looking for a fast, light, durable, and very consistent marker.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, March 12th, 2006 at 4:17 pm PST
I purchased this gun because of all the hype, the first mistake. It is something I will never do again. First it arrived and I gassed up to give it a try; nothing happened. I contacted PE's customers survice (they were really not helpful) and once I told them the problem they gave me two options 1)Give the marker back and they will fix it and return it or 2) they will send me the required parts. I, logically, took option #2; the second mistake. Upon the parts arrival I replaced the "Defective" parts and sent them back to PE.
Gased up, took a few shots and notice uber drop from first shot. I made sure the gun was on factory settings and was on my way to my local field without trying to gas up again. My third mistake.
The first time i field tested it I was REALLY disappointed with the accuracy and consistency over the crony. Once I got confident in the gun (well, as confident as possible) something went wrong and the gun shut down.
I took it to the local airsmith, he had it up and running like it was (hurray) in no time. I refilled my tank and went back on the field. After about 2 hoppers I had to lob my balls to the opponents 35 line before I ran out of gas completely.
Finally done with this marker, i took out my pump and notice a huge improvment in performance.
The EGO is on its way back to PE, for good. Never again will I be suckered by the hype of a gun.
1 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, January 11th, 2006 at 9:31 am PST
Angel Speed 05
Empire 7 piece barrel kit
Halo b with rip drive
crossfire LP 45/45
Eventually a new barrel, stock one is great if it matches up your paint.
Virtue board eventually.
Look at review...
I don't know of any yet
When i first opened the box i was amazed. Its the lightest marker i have ever held!
i put my tank and hopper on, it was the best felling set up i have ever used.
I've read a ton of reviews saying how good this thing shoots, but you can't be prepared
when you shoot it, ball on ball on ball on ball. Absolutely amazing!
Pros-Strength/durability-Feels very sturdy
Speed-Very fast! Without trying you can reach 18-20 bps easy
Ease of use-Very easy to use
LCD screen-amazing, very easy to use, and change settings
Customizing- you can customize this marker to do anything you want
Looks-absolutely beautiful, NOT ONE PICTURE DOES THIS MARKER JUSTICE!
Accuracy-Ball, on ball shots with stock barrel, i can't imagine how accurate it could be with a new barrel!
If you have the money, buy it. I am never buying another marker that isn't an ego
It deserves a 10 by far!
ICD B2k (obviously no comparison)
Platinum Planet Eclipse Ego6
Crossfire HP 68/4500
Halo B w/ Rip drive
maybe barrel if that is your thing, I like the stock barrel though
Got a bad detent
I bought this marker recently after much extensive research about my first truly high-end marker. I found that the Ego was way above average in every category I wanted. It had great efficeincy, came stock with everything you need, very light, and very fast.
When I recieved this I pulled it out of the box and was immediatly amazed at how truly light it is. Yes I have use other light markers and I am not saying this thing is the lightest but for it looks (which to me made me think it might be kind of heavy) it was extremely light. Also while touching on the looks, none of the internet pics do this thing justice. It is a wonderfully designed and beautiful marker.
So I went and got some air from my local store and shot a few hoppers through just to gauge the speed. Well needless to say I was impressed, no chops no anything wrong and it ripped even without messing with the settings. Once I did some fine tuning it was absolutly unbelieveable. The fact that I was using some older paint and got no chops also made me happy after I had heard some rumors of egos not liking old and brittle paint.
So first day on the feild comes. I chrono'd all over the place, needless to say I expected as much considering it was brand new. Despite the horrible chrono effort, I shot on target all day long laying ball on ball with the stock barrel and at fast ROF. I got several compliment on how sexy this thing looked and was very pleased with my purchase.
So after my first weekend of playing I decided I would make a video of my new marker for my team website. I grabbed up some paint shot off two hoppers, reloaded for a third and next thing I know I had a paint blender. I cleaned it out and looked it over and everything appeared fine. So I was puzzled but no overly discouraged.
This last weekend I went back out and was just playing some rec-ball games. I got out there and for a whole damn case I chopped about 1 out of every 4 balls. So now I was starting to get mad. I took the thing apart with a quick feild strip and found the problem the left side detent was gone. It probably happened while I was in my backyard but it was an easy fix because PE ships a rebuild kit, that includes 2 detents. Not a problem. Also the chrono thing on my second weekend was dead on after putting about 4 cases through it +/-2 no problem.
I would recommend this marker to anyone looking to buy an out of the box tournament marker. It is without a doubt the best marker I have ever shot. I would give a 9.5 because of the detent but since such a rating does not exist I will give it a 10 because it doesn't deserve a 9.
2005 Spyder Pilot ACS
eVLution II Hopper (Clear)
DYE E-Sticky 3 Grips
Check It Super Speedy Drop Forward
14 in. DYE Ultralite Barrel
Pure Energy 48 ci. 3000 psi. Nitro
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, I DONT EVEN THINK THERE WILL BE "UPGRADES" FOR THIS GUN ANYWAYS
Ummm.....zip, zilch, cero, nada, nothing
This machine is unbeleivable. I put a test to see which gun is actually the best when I was out at the PSP World Cup in October. The guns I chose to do a test on were the DYE DM6, Proto 06, 05 Shocker, Angel Speed 06, and the EGO 06. I tested them on accuracy, velocity consistancy, (using crossfire 68/4500 nitro) how many shots they get from a full crossfire 68/4500 nitro tank, and which one is capable of the shortest trigger pull. Out of 2 hours of testing all of the above guns, the EGO 2006 beat all of the leading competitors. So anyways, it was a great gun, performed well enough to be in the number 1 spot of the paintball gun bracket, and certainly amazed me!
Get it.........because it's the best gun out right now!!!!!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, November 12th, 2005 at 9:26 pm PST