- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Spyder E99 Avant
05 Eclipse Ego
06 Eclipse Ego with Dart bolt
Very Efficient on air
Lack of nice Fade colors.
A bit loud.
After seeing some vids online of the Ego shooting I decided I had to try one. When my Ego arrived I was disappointed to find that the older software version (.17) had been updated to the new version (.18) which meant that all the ramping and full auto settings had been taken out of the software. The new software does allow the board to be reset to factory options and will save your settings where the older software had a glitch and didn't. At first I was going to send the board back but I decided to keep it...besides full auto isn't safe in my opinion. My ego came with the new style ball detents and bolt that was designed to prevent the chopping that the earlier version's had.
Out of the box the only adjustment I made was to the ROF which comes factory at 13bps so I bumped that up to the max of 30bps so I could dry fire it and see what it could do. I set the trigger that way I like it which was very short pull and release and to my dismay I could only shoot 14bps. After seeing video after video of the Ego shooting over 20 I was puzzled as to why i was having the problem. After a quick search I found that since the trigger isn't activated by a microswitch that it needs to be adjust a bit differently. I physically adjusted the trigger with a longer activation and and post travel length and my ROF increased dramatically. On legal settings I can easily hit 17bps and in the 20's with some illegal settings. SO far the only problem I have had was a board glitch once which occurred when i turned the Ego on and the screen stayed blank. I turned the Ego off and then back on and it was fine. I also had the eyes turn off one time by themselves which resulted in some chopping and could not figure out why that happened. Besides those two incidents the Ego has shot great and has been real easy to maintain. Once Planet Eclipse releases the new software to comply with the new league rules the Ego will be the all around gun to beat in my opinion.
Edited Nov 2005
I recently recieved my new 06 Ego and I love it. I ended up selling all my backup guns after I bought the 05 simply because I NEVER had a single problem with the Ego. The 06 is basically the 05 with some improvements. The new frame allows the trigger to have a spring and a magnet which makes the trigger feel awesome and so much better than the 05. The new software now has debounce setting's in case you want to disable the TT filters which in my opinion is one of the best things Eclipse could do. The new inline reg and the new milling got some bad reviews from people until they see one in person, I think the 06 is better looking than the 05 even though I said the opposite whe the 06 first came out. Pictures do the 06 NO justice. The new reg is longer with more internal space so the operating pressure is a bit lower than the 05 and to me it seems a bit quieter than the 05 also. Just like the 05 the air efficiency continues to amaze me and for my money the Ego is the best gun on the market.
The 06 Ego is hands down the best gun I have ever shot and owned and I will be real surprised if any company comes out with something I like better in the future. I am changing my rating from a 9 to a 10!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, November 27th, 2005 at 6:48 am PST