- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Purple Ego6 w/ Ultra Light barrel
68/5000 Evil Scion
Red nerve F/S
None right out of the box maybe the maniac board and barrel kit
None to speak of
I bought my Ego6 used so everything was set to perfection (trigger included)so I didn't have to mess with the settings great. First thing out of the box is how amazingly light it is my old gun (nerve)is over half of a pound heavier (probably more), and the amazing annodizing is just that amazing. The gun came with the clear Nexus CCU kit so this gun looks hott!!
I've had it less than a week and I was fortunate to be able to use it this past weekend. First thing once I aired up the gun I filled the hopper and just let it rip probably faster than I've shot on any other gun, and almost no kick I swear the owner of this gun before me did a damn good job at setting it up. Great trigger play alot of pre and post but its a very loose trigger with the magnet and spring combo, its just magnificent.
The efficiency on this gun was awesome I have a 4500 tank and I got well over 1000 shots and still had about 1200psi left I filled up because I didn't want to chance anything. The gun didn't chop a single chop or barrel break all day while one of the kids I was playing with had an SL66 Ego for a couple of games it was an $1100 blender.
The LCD board is very easy to read and the OOPS did exactly what it was supposed to aswell. The snatch grip proved to be very handy and did its job just like everything else.
I haven't owned this gun long enough to tell about its reliability so I might update if it stops workiing.
Great gun got a great deal on it and I'd reccomend it to any advanced player. I'm going to give it an 8 because I think that nothing is perfect and the Ego7 is better(but this was more in my price range).
I absolutely love this gun.it reaches down the field with no problem.i dont have to tilt the gun up for it to reach the back right bunker.very smooth ramp.it just feels good in your hands.i mow faces all day with this gun.im very glad i got it.i play front and people try to hit me but ive already got them out when i see them cause this gun is sooo accurate.ball on ball accuracy.if your deciding which gun to buy.go with the 06 Ego.
This gun is so accurate,quiet,and looks great.the air efficiency
i would reccomend this gun to anybody
10 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, February 6th, 2007 at 4:25 am PST
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Product Use:
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Similar Products Used:
45 68 lp tank
cp barrel kit
cp barrel kit
I would not trade this gun for anything, this gun is good for front, mid, and back players, never chopped a ball, only barrel breaks, lighter than an angel one, heavier than only pmr, and mini, most accurate gun Ive ever shot, also the lightest, definitely worth the money, I had an Angel one before this, so glad i switched
Buy this gun, if you have the money, buy it, you wont regret it, trust me
45 4500 hp crossfire tank
B E A utiful
None at all
Got gun for a trade. My 04 angel speed and 06 alien and 400 dollars.
Wow best trade ever. This gun rips. 1000 shots off a 45/4500. Very accurate. Eyes are flawless. Anno is best ever. Marker is like an extension of my arm. Fast as he@@ and light as a son of a gun. Trigger is very adjustable. Best gun I have owned yet in the 3 years of me playing. And will proudly own this marker for time to come. Or atleast untill I can afford the 07. Gun is still the greatest. training mode is the shiznit if you dont have much air and want to practice.
Buy it buy it now.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, February 8th, 2007 at 9:30 am PST
Olive/Black Maniac Ego
ANS 68/45 tank
-No required upgrades, but a new bolt and board would help
When I heard that my local pro shop was going to give me a deal on a maniac ego (06 ego with maniac board and some slight internal upgrades), i was ecstatic. They gave me this bad boy for 900 dollars, and i went out that night and mowed some faces. I was extremely impressed with the efficiency, giving me about 1600 shots from my 68/45 tank. Also, the stock shaft barrel is very good at putting ball after ball on your target. It needs very minimal maintainence, and the trigger is also very easy to customize to your liking. Finally, this thing is very fast and looks very intimidating on the field.
I give the Ego a perfect 10/10 because it is the best, fastest, and lightest gun on the market, other than the PL Ego's, but they run off of the 06 frame anyway.
This gun amazed me the first time I played with mine. Its very accurate and it shoots darts. Some people say it is a little loud but who cares when you are on the field with 10 guys in an x-ball match...IT DOESNT MATTER! I used to own a PM7 and I thought that it was light, its crazy how much this gun weighs...practically nothing. I know $1200 is a good bit of cash but I think this gun is worth every penny of it.
I have used DM5, DM6, DM7, Ego 05, XSV Ego, Mantis Ego, Nexus Ego, PM5, PM6.
Gun Metal grey with black CCU. hybrid grips (grey) dye 16" UL two peice, halo B w/rip and V35, DXS 68/4500
if you want to up get a two peice barrel such as,Dye Ultralite,eclipse shaft two peice,or Sly Barrel system.
The Ego is very light, fast, gas efficient, good looking and easy to maintain.
The only weakness is the price.
The people at planet eclipse did it again they brought us a fine tuned machine any one wanna guess what it is?................ding ding we have a winner yep its the 06 Ego.
first off i bought this marker two weeks before a tournament and hadn't used it till the day of (not to smart i know but i was busy doing other stuff.) and i pulled it out of the nice gun case (made of aluminum.) and aired it up and it was all ready to go. also
during a match i was accused of shooting over the bps rule (balls per second)
but thanks to the lcd screen the refs checked and sure enough i wasn't because it was capped at 15 bps thanks to the Lcd screen i was spared a penalty. but to the point this marker is very fast, light like you couldn't believe try this at home pick up lets say an Ion or a PM6 and then pick up the Ego with your other hand you tell me which marker is heavier ........yep the other marker not the Ego. another plus about the Ego is it is easy to maintain it comes with spare o-rings,oil and the owners manual which tells you how to clean and maintenance your marker. and a favorite of mine is how unbelievably fast it is. On training mode and semi ive gotten the Ego to cycle 40Bps **(note this is WITHOUT paint)** All in all if your interested in buying a new marker the 06 Ego is they way to go. hope this helped.
if your interested in buying a new marker go to your local pro shop and ask to test the 06 Ego out and if you like it buy it you wont be disappointed.
Im rating it a nine because of the problems with my regulater and because of price. other than that this marker is the only marker im sticking with till i die or something better comes along (ya right only thing better is the next Ego that planet eclipse makes.)
9 out of 10
Last edited on Friday, March 23rd, 2007 at 2:48 pm PST
Maybe new barrel, the stock one is pretty good though
Packaging - The 06 Ego comes in really nice packaging, sturdy foam that is covered by a metal slider thing. I use it for storing my gun.
Looks - This thing looks sweet. it looks better in real life than it does in pictures.
Eyes - The eyes are awesome i have never chopped a ball.
Fast - This thing RIPS once you get the trigger adjusted how you like it. i can hit 15 - 20 bps no bounce pretty easily.
Trigger - One of the biggest strong points of this gun. Its an optical trigger, so it works by breaking a beam instead of clicking a switch, which makes the trigger pull a lot smoother. it also has 4 allen screws that can be turned without taking the gun apart, which adjust magnetic return strength, spring return strength, pre-pull stop, and post-pull stop.
Training mode - This is really cool, you put the board into training mode, and when you fire, the ram half cycles so that it doesnt open the main valve, so the ram just goes back and forth and you dont use hardly any air. this is helpful for learning to walk the trigger faster.
Barrel - The stock barrel is an PE Shaft barrel so it shoots pretty well, even with monster balls.
Board - the board is a weakness and strength because it is easy to use, but the max ramping rof is 15bps. it would be cool to have uncapped ramping. it also doesnt have full auto, which would be useful for testing hoppers and stuff like that.
Feedneck - the feedneck isnt like most feednecks, it clamps on instead of screwing into the gun. its also the lever-lock thing which holds the hopper really tight but is still easy to take off.
Kick - the kick is really not that bad it barely moves when you shoot, but its more than some other high end guns since its high pressure.
Loud - its a little on the loud side, but who cares people are going to hear the gun anyway it might as well be loud and scary >=]
Price - its a little more than most people want to spend on a paintball gun, but its worth every one of the 100,000 pennies that you are going to fork over for it.
Overall, this is the best gun i have ever owned, and i wont be upgrading any time in the next few years.
i recommend this gun to anyone that can afford it.
Ti rammer with light spring
Crossfire 65/45 HP
Its awesome stock but if you want to make it even better then it is get a Cure bolt,Ti rammer and a barrel kit.Once again they are not needed but i like the best in everything.
I ordered my black 06 ego online for an extremely cheap price, $750.00 CAD tax included with a free CCU kit.
When it arrived i was extremely impressed on how light and hot it looked.I put my reloader b and tank on it and went outside to shoot it on semi. I shot about half a case of paint and wow is it ever fast and efficient(shot 17 bps on semi).Also not one ball break.
A few days later i had a team practice and i shot about 1 case threw my ego, i had 1 ball break but it was most likely because of the paint/barrel match plus i was only using hotbox.
I decided to order in a cure bolt and ti rammer for it before my upcoming tournament. They just made the ego even more lighter,efficient and easier on paint which is not needed but i like the best in everything.I was a little nervous on how it would perform with these new upgrades but i decided to add them in the day before my tournament anyway.
On my tournament day i chrono'd it when i arrived and i was shooting 275 273 274 271 275, very nice.I ended up shooting over 2 cases of paint threw it and i had no problems the whole day. I was getting almost a case out of my 68/45,wow just wow.I looked threw my barrel at the end of the day and it was still clean from when i arrived,not one chop.
Im thinking on getting a barrel kit for my ego just to make it a little more accurate because the .693 bore will be a little big for some of the paintballs i use.Don't get me wrong the stock barrel is still a great barrel.
This is an amazing marker and worth every penny. If you are looking into getting a new high end gun definitely consider the 06 ego.It is just simply amazing.
Smart Parts Ion, Raven primal, rental guns(Horrible)
Smart parts Ion, Eggy 2 with y-board, WGP 3000psi 50ci HP tank, Redz Clamping feedneck.
Any you want
LIGHT, fast, sounds cool
My friend let me try out his Ego, and let me just say, that it was the best gun I have ever shot. I emptied a eggy in about 15 seconds. AND, he only had it capped at 15 bps. It was an amazying gun to shoot. I had so much fun. WAy faster then my stock Ion.
I would HIGHLY reccomend this to people who have to money to buy it, unless you are just starting.