- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Ion-Not even close
DM4-Nice but big and heavy and not ramping
Dark Timmy-Good but I only shot a hopper through it
DM6-Would have been my next choice as a gun
Dm5-Nice but still big and heavy
Shocker-Nice but they have kick and chop and it's sp
Rat Impulse-Big, Heavy, slow, chops
Proto-Nice but big and heavy and no ramping stock
Pm6-Pretty nice but not many features
Ego 5-Alright but nothing special
Ego 06 w/gold ccu kit and maniac board
Get maniac board if possible
TI rammer possibly
Hardly any upgrades needed
Little bit of kick
Sort of loud
Trigger screw comes out
When I first opened the case (very nice) on this gun I was surprised to find that the ego is rather large for what everybody talks about. It is still small but it is definitely not as small as I was thinking it would be. Then I aired it up and dryfired it and it was nice. It had a little bit of kick but other then that it was fine. The choice of spring or magnetic trigger is nice but if you take out the screw for the magnet the screw for the spring starts to come out which makes the trigger so light that if you just barely shake the gun it goes off. I received the maniac board on my gun so I was dying to find out what it would shoot like on ramping so I put it on unlimited ramp. WOW! Very nice. It was one of the fastest guns I have ever seen shoot in real life. I shot off a bag of paint probably within five minutes of shooting. The max I got on it was about 22 bps because my empire isn't fast enough to let the ego achieve it's fullest potential. It did not chop while I shot probably 1000 balls out of it and it was somewhat cold out. The one piece shaft I got with my ego was extremely accurate for being a $30-$40 barrel. It was probably better then my brother's ultralight on his dm4. When I first went out to play with the gun I was impressed big time. It shot ropes all day. Nothing went wrong with it all day and was wonderful. I was getting looks from people with dm6's and everything. The only real weakness it had when I was playing was the kick was noticable. I'm sure this can easily be fixed if you get a new bolt and drop the dwell and everything else.
I would recommend this gun to anybody that is serious about improving their game. This gun will not let you down. Just make sure your ready to handle the rof the ego puts out. If you're looking between this and the dm6 then I would definitley try and shoot both and decide from their but I went from a proto to an ego and love it so I would still go with the ego. If you're comparing with anything else you're a fool. GO WITH THE EGO. Good luck mowing faces with this beast. 9 because nothing is perfect and because of little problems. 10 if it had no kick and trigger screw didn't fall out
i have a 2k4 red prostock with:
Nothing at all this gun rips
easy on paintballs
I tested this marker when i was trying out for a team and i was allowed to use it for a game. This gun was amazing i was shooting white box not one chop. it shot ball after ball accurate and it was so consist-ant i think Eclipse made a big difference in the 06 ego and is well worth every penny that is why i am now investing in one
if you are a mid or a front player this is the gun for you heck it will even do amazing as a back player. My favorite thing about the gun is the lcd screen it makes everything easy changing modes ( no more counting the amount of times the light flashes led) and has a game counter a shot counter and a balls per second counter it is a great feature.
these things are great
Get one if you have the money i would get one there great markers
I have a Ego 06 marker with a q-lock feed neck, 16 in UL barrel, and virtue board
possibly a trigger depending on your style of play, also a bolt because the stock bolt has a tendence to break balls a bit
Accurate, light, awsome stock feed neck, great modes of fire on stock board
The trigger in my opinion and the bolt causes ball chops a bit
The gun is a great period. I have only had it for a short time, but i can see a major difference over my last gun. It really doesn't need any upgrades from the stock parts. I recommend this gun to any one who is looking to take their game to the next level. If your thinking you cant afford in, and your going to get something cheaper like the etek or a pm6, save your money and get an ego, because theirs a reason why it costs more than other guns.
The gun is an awsome peice of hardware. I have owned many guns in my time, and i am amazed that it can be such a great gun with all the stock parts. Ego just keeps getting better and better.
Timmy- nothin compared to this gun
G7 Angel- almost as good, but trigger isnt great
06 EGO BLUE
BLUE BODY KIT
CP ON/OFF ASA
HYBRID FEED NECK
none, except MAYBE the barrel
LIGHT, EXTREMELY FAST, IT RIPS OUTTA THE BOX, and LOOKS GREAT
Wow, I got this gun after saving up for like 3 yrs,
ITS GREAT, i mean outta the box, it RIPS
ALL stock componenets are wonderful and the looks are amazing
great reg, great on off, great board, great clamp feed, great trigger
its all around just amazing
the only sorta setback is that the board is sorta hard to program stuff, but thats only cuz thers SOOOOO many options
Buy it, the 06 is almost as good as 07 but can be found much cheaper, even keeping the gun stock is great, nothin beats it
Dm6- Less Kick, but ego requires less maintenance
Pm6-less Kick, but less reliable than the ego
Ego 05- Similar
NXT Shocker- Ego outclasses it in reliability and efficiency
Proto Matrix 06 cobalt dust, 14" ultralite barrel, virtue board, hybrid lady grips, hybrid bolt guide
06 Ego gunmetal grey w/ platinum accents, hybrid CK grips, TI Rammer , !4" Ultralite,
TI Rammer (helps with kick, but really not a requirement)
New Barrel ( Stock needs replacement, I would recommend a barrel kit)
Board (Any ramp mode on stock is capped at 15 bps, however new maniac egos are an exception to this)
CCU Kit ( For cosmetics)
Solid performance out of box
Accuracy is not top notch
To start, PE really set the standard for high end paintball markers with the Ego. It truly is an amazing, solid marker right out of the box. However, with a few upgrades, like the barrel for instance, this marker is an unstoppable killing machine in....CAPABLE HANDS ; ) . It is fast, light and will almost never let u down in terms of its reliability. Mine hasn't given me any major issues yet. Regular maintenance (which is a breeze) will keep your gat up and running forever. The only downside to the ego is its accuracy. Dont get me wrong, it's pretty accurate with a good paint to barrel match, but its accuracy is not as precise as a Matrix. Nevertheless, the pros outway the cons by a TON!
Truly one of the most popular high ends out there, and for a good reason. I will definitely recommend this product to anyone lookin for a solid marker, that will not let them down. Egos are expensive, so if u dont have the $, look into the Etek.
CP Adjustable Ram Cap
CP Flame Drop
SP Progressive 14" Barrel
CP Clamping Feedneck
Good Hopper - HALO would be nice
Small Fast and Efficient
I went to my local shop about a month ago looking for a new marker. I was looking at the ego and dm6 and I got to test fire both of them. Firstly they are both awesome guns, milling and weight on either one are comparable. The shop techs had tuned both up to be performing the best with the least amount of kick, and while the dm6 seemed to have a little less kick, the ego felt easier to handle for me. I got to turn on ramping to churn out a rope on a fence and the ego ripped hard. Definitly much better then the 2k2 timmy I have now, plus the kick was way light.
I decided not to pick up either the ego or the dm6 because I reasoned myself out of it since I only play about once a month and I don't compete. Although, if I were to start playing tourney, I would definitly look into the ego. Its profile is small and its performance is top notch. I haven't tried the 07 yet, but I can't see them making any vast improvements over the 06 model. I give it a 9.
I just got my 2006 Ego yesterday,it is BAD ASS and probably the nicest thing I have ever owned. I wanted a 2007 but whatever,I couldn't walk away from the price of the 06.Anyway .....I have yet to play with it yet,I shot it in my back yard and WOW! that is all I can say.
If there are any 06 Ego's left in the US get of your ass and Buy one.
Previous markers that remind me of an ego would be
AKA Viking and Excalibur w/ Tadao minus about 10 pounds :)
Shocker w/ HE and m7
Tit. Ram w/ swapped spring
45/45 empire ignition
For 1200 dollars brand new..it comes so you don't have to upgrade it.
But just for fun and for some change I got
board( b/c I don't like the optiswitch)
Can easily shoot 15 bps consistently
I havn't encountered a serious problem yet
Efficient- Out of the box I got about 1300 shots off a 45/45
Consistent- I was very impressed with the consistency out of the box. I had a set of 6 strings at 279. Throughout the first day out with it I had a deviation of +/- 8 which is awsome. It can only get better when the reg breaks in.
Easy maintenance. I'm not sure if its just me, but this marker is really easy to take apart and work with, but I"m a tinkerer and I like to figure things out, worst comes to worse if you mess up, u can send it to p.e. Oil on the rammer and bolt o-rings, lube on reg and lpr. SIMPLE
LIGHT- lighter than my shocker setup and balances out better
I wouldn't call this a weakness, but more of an annoyance.
It took me sometime to get used to the opti switch but then I switched to the Tadao board which comes with a microswitch so it was all good. And gettin paint stuck in the opti switch and trigger. ITs not hard but annoying to clean out b/c the triiger sticks and has more resistance with the paint stuck in ut
Theres not much to say, For the money you throw down for this, u should be gettin a perfect top of the line marker; and you do, no doubt about it. I have fallen in love with this marker and prob will be keeping it for a long time , while I replenish my savings account money in which I used to buy this marker.
You cannot be disappointed, its nearly impossible
I give it a 9 just because technology will always be progressing and better markers will always be coming out in the near future
9 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, December 2nd, 2006 at 12:54 pm PST
2006 Gun Metal Grey Ego
Red Colour kit
Delrin bolt pin
Well a colour kit would make it look nice and spiffy.
Everything. Extremely consistent, very very smooth and easy to fire, and geez is it light.
I don't have two.
This is seriously the best marker I have ever shot, and believe me I have fired a lot of high-ends. So easy to maintain, incredibly light, doesn't break paint (I wish my reloader was the same way.) and it's just a joy to use all the time. I really can't bad mouth it in any way shape or form.
Now I know a couple people who have had issues with qevs and such, but seeing as mine has worked FLAWLESSLY I am forced to give it a 10/10. Such harsh punishment.
If you have the dough go out and get yourself one...or if you're less rich look into an etek.
High end Hopper and N2 Tank
I didnt like the stock Trigger too much and needed to put some style in it.
Detents (Shave Bolt Down and it goes away)
I used this gun for a year now and I love it. It never broke down on me and works absolutly perfect. It works like an absolute dream. Stock it comes with everything needed to maek a stylish gun and a well working gun. Maintnance is so easy with it. You don't need to upgrade it because it comes stock to mow faces. They now come stock with Maniac Board too! I have never bought a better gun stock and every gun works right out of the box. Simply amazing.