- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Nothing completely necessary.
Only got Kila's so I never have to worry about the rubber stock detents breaking, especially playing XBall
Might purchase Virtue or Tadao
Light, Comfortable, Accurate, Quiet, Efficient and Spring behind the trigger
The only weakness I think is having to take off the grip to change modes.
I bought this Ego from my local shop, R and M Paintball in Vestal, for a great price. I would definitely pay full price for this marker, so getting a $200 discount was a huge plus. First thing I noticed was that it looked awesome, in my opinion the stock reg doesn't look as great so getting the Origin Ego was perfect. I completely forgot to get my tank filled so I had to wait two weeks to finally shoot it, but it was well worth the wait. Ended up shooting scorch and a pod of inertia pro. It was about 40 degrees out so I figured I'd get barrel breaks but got nothing except ball on ball. Wasn't able to chrono but it seemed to be pretty consistent shooting at a target far away. With my '05 Ego I had some kick and was loud most of the time and now with the '06 it's very quiet and didn't notice any annoying kick. Also, was only able to fill my 45 ci tank up to about 2500 and off that I shot a bag and a pod, not bad for cold weather and a terrible paint-barrel match(scortch was much smaller, but shot great still)
Would definitely suggest this marker.....the '07 Ego will most likely be really amazing but I know I'll be waiting for the price to drop and then take advantage of upgrading again.
This marker by far exceded my expectations. The first game i played with this thing I loved it. One of the most accurate markers Ive ever shot right from the box. Its puts the ball right where you want it every time. It shoots as fast as you can pull it. Cant ask for much more than that. I wish it wasnt so bad on air but hey Im not complaining when it dominates everyone else's POS. Best gun ever!!!
If you got the cash and want a high end marker but arent sure what one... Get this one. The 06 EGO is insane. It will be everything you would expect plus more
05 Ego--same basic performance. It's really just preference. I personally think the 06 Ego trigger feels a bit nicer, and I really like the stock 06 frame.
Viking--heavier, but just as easy to point, shoot, win. Fast, efficient, etc.
Various Angels--just as high-quality, but perhaps not as nice of an overall feel
Timmies--very quick, and feel a bit smoother, but somewhat more involved with regards to maintenance.
Green dust CCU kit
14" .692 UL
CP direct mount ASA
45/45 LP Macdev Legion Air
Needs NOTHING to perform out of the box, but if you feel like wasting some money:
Simple/very low maintenance
Very nice looking
Great overall feel
Loud [some would say]
Kicky [some would say]
The 06 Ego, and the Ego in general, is an amazing accomplishment. Eclipse put together everything that's good in a paintball gun into this one product, and with its incredible popularity it's obvious that they have found a winning formula.
I was lucky enough to snag an 06 used briefly by 1-Up Kids for a few events. I use it in its stock form [board, internals, etc.] and it shoots absolutely PERFECTLY. With your preferred trigger setup and some decent settings [my personal favorites are listed at the end of the review] there is nothing this thing can't do. I took it out today for the first time and it was ball on ball on ball all day with no problems at all. I ended up using the stock barrel as well since I loaned out the UL, and that gave flawless performance, as I've come to expect from PE. Contrary to what a lot of 06 owners have reported, my Ego has almost no kick and has a very quiet sound signature--these things wouldn't really matter in a game anyway, but it's great to have such a quiet, stable platform--and especially one that's BLAZING FAST! With this smooth trigger setup, this is probably the fastest I've been able to shoot a gun. My peak ROF after a day of play on straight uncapped semi was 18, which is certainly impressive for my rather pedestrian digits.
I can't say enough good things about the Ego, and I have absolutely no complaints. I had a great time with my heavily upgraded 05, but even in its stock form the 06 has blown me away. I can see myself being loyal to PE for a long time after this--and the 06 will be my weapon of choice for as long as I can see into the near future.
Hurrah Planet Eclipse for another smash hit!
Settings [credit to the PBN Ego Settings Thread]
LPR - 2 full turns in from flush
Mode: semi 1
Rof cap - 15.4 bps
Off rof - 15bps
Dwell - 9.0ms
FSDO - 2.0ms
Debounce - TT
Empty - 2ms
Ball - 1ms
Pull - 1ms
Release - 5ms
Band-HI - 80%
TTTOL - 10%
I use the spring and magnet in tandem, and a 1/4 in. pull with activation about 3/4 of the way towards the back.
A great performer and a great looker. If you have the means, then by all means, do get one. They are a delight to shoot.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, November 25th, 2006 at 8:03 pm PST
Stock 06 ego I tried other ups but I prefer it stock.
Fast Accurate low maintanance dependable good efficiancy about 1500 per 68 4500
Sometimes loud if not set up properly .Can be a little ruff on brittle paint.
I have had my 06 ego for about comming on one year now. I love it, I have owned other markers (Angels and Shockers) and this is my favorite so far. I simply love it. it has never let me down and never fails to perform like the day I got it. I have to lube it once every month or two or until the performance is nocked off a little. I beat the crap out of this marker I have played in dirt grass sand turf you name it and it works like a charm in every sercumstance. I dont know how to type how much I love this marker. Except Thank you PE for such a great marker. :)
many, but none compare to the 2006 EGO (in my opinion).
88/4500 pmi tank with Guerrilla Air Assault Reg
Empire e-vents Avatar
Empire Reloader B (backup Halo) with red delrin drive cone and rip drive
Virtue board if you want to shoot as fast as possible
Of course your gonna want different barrells (so you can match paint)
Crazy Skills and love for your marker
can/be very efficient
tiny amount of kick if your used to a dm/pm (easy fix)
First off this review is for a Pevs 06 ego which is basically the same except its a bit rarer and has different milling (Way cooler milling in my opinion).
The EGO is by far the best gun/marker i have ever used; its very light, very fast (very easy to hit 15bps if you have slow fingers but can go way higher, I have hit 24bps but can shoot a consistant 17-18(stock board)), and very good looking.
You dont really need to upgrade anything, its perfect stock. But I actually prefer a clamping feednedk because its a bit faster, but there is nothing that yopu right away need to upgrade.
So if you like lite, fast, and very nice looking then get this gun.
If you have the money and are a serious paintballer and your looking for the best marker then get this right away. Its a great product!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Diablo Wrath, Spyder Victor II, Spyder Imagine, Spyder Pilot, WGP Blak Magik
Black on Black Ion,
Hammerhead Pro Series 14" barrel,
Max Flo Micro Regulator,
Empire Reloader B,
CP Blade Trigger,
TechT Lighting Bolt,
Smart Parts Nitro Tank 68ci 4500psi,
Smart Parts Q-clamping feedneck,
Empire tank cover,
Blackheart Ion Board,
Dye Sticky Grips
NO UPGRADES NEEDED FOR THIS BABY!!!
Nothing!! What could possibly go wrong with a $1,200 gun!!
This is a great gun! Its great for any intermediate-pro player. The trigger is so sensitive!! One of the easiest guns to walk!! I played with this gun in speedball and kicked butt!! Its just an amazing gun! Maybe a little expensive but its worth it !! Great gun!! Enough said!!
2006 Planet Eclipse Ego (Black)
Dye Ultralight 14" two piece
Halo B w/ rip drive
Dye Peanut 72/4500
Dye 2005 Rhino Cover
Light, Fast, skinny, off set feedneck, LCD screen.
I first fell in love with the Ego's back in early 2005. I had to have one, so I saved. I was shooting a 2005 Karnivor which I will be honest was hard to give up. However, once I did I will never turn away from PE (Planet Eclipse) again. This gun is extremely easy to operate and clean. The programming is so easy a 5 year old could figure it out. The LCD screen is an added bonus to this gun since you don't have to memorize light sequinces. The new 2.0 software is so much nicer than what I had on my karny it isn't even funny. Three different custom set Semi Auto modes and 3 wonderful Ramp modes. Plus the always awesome training mode which allows you to use just enough pressure to move the bolt but not waste all your air by firing at full pressure. Thats right, practice walking the trigger all day long and never really even waste 1000 psi. With the gun right out of the box, I would say with my 72/4500 peanut tank I could easily get around 1600 rounds before refill. After about 10 cases of paint I would say I now average just about a full case of paint out of my tank. Rough guess of 1800 - 1900 balls. The marker is incredibly accurate, even with the stock barrel. I am a UL ( Dye Ultralite) Lover, so I will always stick with this barrel, but in all honesty you really don't need a different barrel. The ASA ( air source adapter) is probably one of the best I have ever used. No cross threading or problems screwing in the tank. Tear down and cleaining is a BREEZE! The eyes have a little slack to them under the eye cover so if you pull up just a little bit you don't have to worry about breaking the wire or worrying about " did I just pull that too hard" Detents are easy to clean out as well as the eye holes. Nothing a QTIP can't fix. I still have the same battery in mine that it came with. The marker also comes with the ever so popular 900 page E2 manual which is always fun to read.......NOT, but it does do a great job of explaining everything and anything about your marker. The package also comes with replacement detents and a bunch of replacement O-rings.
I would have to say if you are a high end marker user and are in the market to drop anywhere from 900 to 1200 dollars, this is a hard marker to beat. Typically I don't believe anything deserves a 10. But I would have to say this is my favorite marker thus far.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, September 7th, 2006 at 7:08 pm PST
uped sp ion-no where near this
uped octane shocker- a gas guzzler and needs upgrades elsewhere
black 06 ego stock, empire reloader b with rip, ans 71/45,
Everything about it
I just got this baby last night and right away the metal case was sweet to look at and when i first looked at it my mouth hit the floor
This thing is amazing
It felt great in my hands and had very low weight
I gassed it up threw my empire reloader b on it and shot a hopper full
It was shooting amazingly fast for not even setting the trigger
I was hitting 15bps easily and maxed at 18 i know because the counter inside the gun on the lcd screen which is easily navigated and well laid out
I took up to my room and adjusted the trigger
The next morning i shot another hopper full of engage and it was crazy how accurate it was for the stock barrel i was hitting 1-2in spread from 50-60ft
I love this gun to death.it needs absolutely no upgrades and performs wonderfully.
This gun is worth the $1025 I spent.Go get this gun!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, September 2nd, 2006 at 1:55 pm PST
Clear PM6 CP trigger. halo b w/ vic and rip 45/45 16 inch UL
Fast Air efficient light
Not Accurate. kickish. more in review
Well i cant say that i honestly like egos much at all. i am more of a spool valve type of baller but i had to use an SL66 at practice the other day cause no other protos/dm's were available when my ASA broke. so i went out and used it. i deffinetely liked the lightnes and the air efficiency. however i wasnt a fan of its accuracy or the lack there of. it didnt compare to a DM/PM line. also i noticed it kicked a lot more. propbably just due to the fact that it has an externally moving bolt. but it felt like the whole gun was shaking when i was shooting it and i wasnt a fan of that at all.
I wouldnt complain if i had to use one but i deffinetely wouldnt buy one based on my opinion.
68/4500 pure energy tank
Red Cheetah'd Halo
Adjustable ram cap
new board maybe
pretty air efficient
more than one mode
This gat is amazing. it shoots fast and it is pretty efficient. Its not quite as good as the sl66 but this is good for the price and worth every penny. There are many ways to costomize it. it mows right out of the box tho. this gun really needs no upgrades. its just personal preference. i would rele suggest this gun.