- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Black 2006 Ego
Reloader B w/ Critical Drive Cone
Virtue, gettting mine soon,
Maybe a new reg, but the Star reg is still good.
Bouncey when shooting
Wow, thats all i can say about this gun.
First Time-I air it up take it to the chrono, shooting 290-300, I couldnt ask for more, it had little to no kick, and it felt great in my hands. Get out on the field, and I couldnt believe the consistency and accuracy with this gun. I was so amazed, I had never owned a gun that worked so flawlessly.
-Efficiency-Amazing, i started a game at 3000 psi, used 5 pods and a hopper and had only used 2100 psi. So about 800-850 shots off of the 2100psi. Not bad at all.
-Speed-Its an ego, its always fast, almost too fast, i had to play around with the filter settings to stop it from bouncing to 19bps.LOL
-Light-Weight is like nothing, with a Vlocity instead of the Reloader, the thing is amazing.
Ovaerll i can be happier with this gun. Besides the occasional bounce, it is an awsome gun.
Conclusion, get this gun, keep it, love it, and it will treat you well. 9 Because of the bounce, when you play local you need it to stop bouncing. But when i play Xball, it doesnt matter.
Current tourny gun is a vert cocker, AIM body, WGP tickler lpr, ergo reg, ANS quickfire bolt, an assortment of air bottles, WGP flame drop with on/off asa, and a wide range of barrells depending on the paint de jour.
new barrel, maybe new reg
Fast, light, reliable, efficient, small
None that I can think of...
I bought this gun a long time ago and I have had lots of expirience with it. I think that this is the best gun that I have ever bought. I played many games with it and I never have a problem with the shape of the gun or its size. I also love the guns LCD becuase I find it sooo much easier than having to count led blinks. Also this gun is very fast and has tonnes of adjustments.
I love this gun and I would highly recodment it because its great.
Blackout Screw Kit
06 CCU kit
Empire Reloader B
board if you want..
barrel... no real need
trigger... when they come out
Anno wears out a little fast near trigger area.
The shaft barrel is about accurate as a dye ultralight.
Its definately light!!!
I havent broken it fully in yet but its efficient. Easily can shoot through a hopper and 2 pods and not notice a huge downfall in psi.
6 Firing modes:
Semi capped at 15.4
Ramp 1 capped at 15.4
Ramp 2 Capped at 15.4
Ramp 3 capped at 15.4
ITS AN AWESOME GUN!
Its a great gun for the money! Love it!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, June 27th, 2006 at 10:32 pm PST
2006 red/black ego
but other than that none
this is a great gun. I bought it over 6 moths ago and it has been a camp for all of those months. it has not broken down on me once i have had 1-2 breaks in barrel but that is it. When i first went out to play i was surprised on how many shoots you can get. i have a dye stubby and i get 7-8 pods. this gun is crazy fast, i don't have the fastest fingers on the planet but this gun ripes. i use to get 13 bps on the dye guns but with my ego i get 15-16 consistently. This is a very light gun you wont even feel it in your hands
the ego has to be the best gun I have had so far, get it you wont be disappointed
10 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, June 29th, 2006 at 9:06 pm PST
This gun is the best yet, good job planet eclipse. The gun is super light, extremely efficient, and has looks that can kill, hahahaha. I was skepticale at first wether or not to get it. I didn't know how accurate it was but after buying it I was really impressed. The gun is up to par with accuracy on the dye guns. With a 68/45 you can't carry enough pods to run out of air. Also the cleaning of this marker is sooooo easy. The reg comes apart with no tools. Two turns of a allan key and some lube and your done cleaning. Literally.
Get this gun, maybe a little pricey but you get what you pay for. The only thing the dm6 has over it is that comfortable a s s ultralight frame.
The matrix family (dm4/5/6, pm5/6)
- Matrixes have very little kick but nothing much better than an ego's kick.
Alott of Intimidators-
- timmys are good guns but are much heavy and less accurate than egos
All kinds of everything
Limited Edition Gloss blue 06 ego
the ego is a very very solid marker even when stock.
there is no need for a new board becasue the ego already comes with different modes but if i had to list an upgrade, it would be a barrel beacuse everyone can do better than a stock barrel. but its really not neccesary
The ego is a VERY solid marker.
Great eyes/vision system
It annoys me that the rail is built in to the bottom of the gripframe
I'm just going to elaborate on the strengths and weaknesses listed above.
How solid the marker is : The ego feels very natural when you hold it and once you get a string of paint shooting out of this thing, youll know what im talking about. Matrixes have a very clumsy feel to them. Maybe its the lack of kick or the "puff" noise they have to them but i think the ego feels much more solid in your hands.
The ego is a very light marker. This makes it easy for the user to switch hands, run, dive etc. much easier than before.
This is a big issue with many people. Alot of kids say "oh yeah i should get an ego because it can shoot 30 bps in ramp mode!" This is untrue. The ego is a fast marker in semi-auto mode, but in reality, everyone will be shooting 15.4 bps (psp mode) in most tournaments and games so speed really dosent matter here.
This is why i LOVE my ego. NOTHING ever goes wrong with egos, and if it does, its 95% of the time the users fault. You can play in the rain, snow, mud and your ego will still shoot like a champ.
With the 6 cases ive shot through my gun so far, i havent chopped once. NOT ONCE. the egos eyes are excellent.
The accuracy of the ego is almost identical to the matrix. VERY GOOD!
*The ego can run on air forever also.*
The ego has a built in rail. For some, this can be annoying because they might have or want a rail of their choice. But me personally, it dosent bother me one bit.
The ego is my favorite marker out right now. Hopefully after reading my review, you will decide to go out and buy your ego! Ive spent months looking for the perfect marker. When it comes down to it, deciding on a marker is ALL personal preference. so for me, i give the ego a 10/10
Virtue Board (maybe) Its pretty damn good already.
Accuracy, Speed, Weight, Sexy as a mo
Little Loud but who gives a ****
The 06 Stock is a really great gun for who ever the player!
- Eclipse open bolt electro pneumatic marker.
- Break Beam low profile breech Sensor System (BBSS).
- PCB features: LCD, optical trigger, rear function buttons with rubberized Navigation Console, Menu-
Driven operating system, BBSS indicator, clip-in 9 volt battery operated.
- Ego 6 Trigger. Choice of magnetic or spring return, or both! 4-point trigger adjustment.
- Pat. Pending, TT Filter Software, as first seen on the infamous E2 frame kits.
- Fully adjustable trigger hysteresis.
- 5 Debounce settings as standard.
- Improved breech sensor logic enabling Ego 6 to react even faster to paintballs entering the breech.
- Peak ROF indicator as well as Average ROF indicator.
- Integrated adjustable LPR with dedicated HP inlet.
- Ego 6 Inline Reg. high flow, accurate, consistent output in a streamlined package.
- Eclipse 'Rammer' one-piece hammer/ram mechanism. Highly durable Stainless construction. Strips in
- Integrated Eclipse QEVs for the fastest possible cycle times.
- Sub miniature solenoid and integrated minifold
- Body-Integrated feed stub.
- Offset 'Def-Tek' feed system for "No-Bounce" ball feed.
- Clamping low-rise feed tube
- Low pressure, high flow Supercharger valve system.
- Brass bushed valve guide. No valve pin wear, no friction.
- Ego 6 open faced, high flow Delrin bolt.
- Pop-n-Slide bolt pin. Super large pin/rammer contact area for minimal wear.
- Eclipse Shaft Solo 14" barrel .693.
- Cocker barrel thread.
- Larger trigger guard for improved comfort and increased space for finger movement.
- Integrated slide rail on base of frame.
- Eclipse On/Off System and Hose.
- Integrated “snatch” grip.
- Dual rubber finger Ego 6 detents; larger base further eliminates “pull-thru”.
- Ego 6 Duo-Tech rubber Grips
- Eclipse Sup-Tol Machining
- Compatible in all major paintball leagues worldwide
- Unlimited ROF with BBSS enabled. Speed is limited by loader only.
- Fully adjustable ROF with BBSS Disabled.
- Ego 6 Operator Manual, spares and barrel condom included.
- Tech friendly.
- User friendly.
Weight: 966g; Ego 6, Eclipse On/off and regulators.
1108g Inc. Shaft Solo Barrel
Length: 265mm; Ego 6, Eclipse On/off and regulators.
538mm Inc. Barrel
Height: 180mm Body And Frame
230mm Inc. Feed and On/Off/Purge System
Width: 25.3mm Body
27.3mm Inc. Eye Covers
Shots: Bench Test fired 1687 Paintballs from a 4500psi fill in a 68ci tank. Results can vary dependant on Paint, Barrel Length, Bore Size and Velocity.
This gun has changed the industry and is a master-piece of perfection out of the box. "Dont get much better than this, THATS FOR TRUE!"
10 out of 10
Last edited on Friday, June 16th, 2006 at 12:04 pm PST
barrel if thats ur style. but im aiming for a virtue board for max rof. u could get ultra light frame if ur picky on every gram.
FAST AS ANYTHING
Trigger feels a little wierd but i hav an angel
so go out 2 my local field for the first time with my ego, n the thing turns heads. the field i go 2 everyone has a dm6 angel, pm6, shocker, timmy, etc n i still turn heads. first thing i notice is u shoot ball on ball, this gun shoots as straight as an aouto-cocker n its open bolt. the next thing was that it RIPPED. perfect fo run throughs. one of my personal favorites though was that when u play forward like me, the gun is light enough 2 get 2 the 50 without trouble. i was even able 2 get there fast enogh that not a lot of people knew i was there. n then when i needed it, i pissed paint at them with no hassal at all.
I say, if u hav the extra penny, i would definetily buy this gun.
I've shot pretty much every high-end marker that's worth noting.
The following is what I used right before I wrote this review:
- Black/Red Accents Ego6
- 68/45 HP Preset Crossfire
- 14" Redz Pepperstick, .690 bore
Besides a nasty trigger job and a cut bolt, everything is stock.
A Virtue or Tadao board if you want the extra firing modes, but other than that, absolutely nothing. Perhaps a new barrel, but the stock one really isn't all that bad.
More kick than a Dm6. That's it.
When I first took this baby out of the box I was stunned at the weight. Even with my fully loaded Halo and tank strapped on, I ran around shooting with this like I was holding a BB gun.
The stock ASA/rail is quite nice, I aired up and twisted the on/off with not a hint of protest. I kicked it into Ramping mode and went to town. The grouping I got was astonishing. The extremely light weight and size naturally makes for some kick, but I only felt it after I had been ramping at 15bps for a solid 3 seconds, and I still held my grouping. I have shot several Dm6s, and I believe the kick on them is a tad easier for those of you who are picky about it at high ROFs.
The feel of the trigger and frame is awesome. I hit the stock cap (semi-1) of 15bps with absolute ease. With effort, I can hit 18 uncapped, straight semi no bounce; and I don't have extremely fast fingers.
For those that care about it (I find it to be a silly thing to fret over) the Ego is extremely efficient. Nothing really complicated about it; it has an extremely good stock regulator and runs at a very low PSI. You get a lot of shots out of your tank, that's all there is to it.
Some people find the trigger to be uncomfortable, I find those people either to be extremely picky or Dye fanboys who are obssesed with their UL frame.
Even on straight up Semi mode, ANYBODY can hit at least 12bps. Anybody. The average paintballer (yes, including woodsballers) will have no trouble hitting 15 on this baby.
The best way to put all this is that the Ego is one of those markers that does all the work for you. It's the best in the business, as good as they come. If you have the money for this type of marker, this is what you should do.
TRY THEM ALL!
Everyone is different. Shoot a Dm6. Shoot an 06 Borg. Shoot an 06 Dynasty. Find out what suits you the best. In reality, you can't go wrong. Sure, an Ego might not have self-cleaning eyes. Sure, everybody and their mother may have a Matrix. Sure, a Dynasty may be the ugliest marker ever. They all have minor flaws, but hey, guess what, they're minor. Buy the high-end marker that you like the best; they're all going to perform the same; amazing.
WGP03VF autococker, SuperFLybolt,Dye Ultralite, Psycho Drop, Evo2 with Zboard, 5000psi Scion, Black Magic Reg, Nexus Ram, E2
None to be honest. Thats why its expensive.
But maybe a D.A.R.T. bolt, and barrel is you simply wish not to have stock parts.
NONE! maybe it looks too sexy
WOW!! This has been my dream gun since the ego 05 came out. I own an autococker but figured, why get another $300 gun and then spend $700 in upgrades when you can get a tournamental gun? So I got the EGO06 for 1k! Man, this gun compared to my autococker is just not comparable. Its sooo light and still has the accuracy Im looking for. The frame is much better and cleaning is sooo damn easy! I have not tested this gun in the field but only in my back yard but I can already tell, ITS GOING TO KICK ASS!! For those people like me who are scared to get a 1K and over gun, dont be! If you are like me who likes to play in airfields, get this! Why get a low end gun then spend all your money to make it a high end gun. EGO EGO EGO
This gun is one of the top guns out there. Team XSV uses these guns and they are right up there. In fact, team XSV and Dynasty are considered the best teams! But beside the point, this gun is simply the best!