- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Light, fast, fast, light and more accurate than an autococker
I got this gun and a couple days i used it in a one on one tournament and got in second because of being able to snap shoot because the gun is featherweight and long balling people, then my friend got a regular 06 and we switched and the only difference was that he had a crappy heavy tank.the only bad thing that i experienced was that the solenoid went out on it but i think that was just one bad solenoid.
This gun is awsome, go buy it
10 out of 10
Last edited on Friday, June 16th, 2006 at 1:19 pm PST
Ego blood red with a Low Empire screw in 46,45 black reloader B
fast, Light, efficient, no kick.
none. zip. nada.
If someone says there is any kick. Punch them in the jaw.
About six months ago my friend buys himself an ego blood red and that thing scares the CR@P out of any kid he plays. So far he had no break downs with it,no ups were needed to this Goddess and he's been making the whole team jealous.This Gun is the highlight of '06' and nobody can say other wise. So after three months half of my team buys one. So yesterday '6-8-06' I ordered one in British racing green. I couldn't resist! So about the ego, it has awesome low pressure and uses no air at all Super efficient and shoots lines. No Lazer's of paint. I swear to god this thing can be the reincarnation of Satan himself. No Kick. Awesome milling. Light. super accurate barrel. And looks like Planet eclipse has a winner(05 is a little almost lighter but not as sick!)
It made me want to buy one and will make u as well.
Just buy one i sold my shocker and dark timmie to buy this babe. Do it and u won't regret it.
shockers dm's pm's
spyders (no comparison)
and tons of other high end guns
06 red ego
dye peanut tank
maybe a barell
virtue board is very nice
light (lighter than my ul framed dm5)
compact with the peanut tank
Maybe a little loud but it doesnt matter in speed ball
Ok my friends been teling me that hes had an ego for a while and finaly today i get to see it and it turns out not even to be his but its a good friend of his
we take it outside and load it up and the first thing i noticed was that it was so light and when i turned it on i turned t to burst ( he has the virtue board) and i let it rid i emmptied the halo befire i know it .
when i was shooting it it had alot of kick but all he has to do is change like the lpr a couple turns and illtle have almost zero kick
this kid lended it so some nooby kid i didnt know but he had an autococker and wasnt used to the trigger pull and f***ed it up now its so hard to pull the trigger its crazy and the kik did a dive into the mud and got all this dirt up in the reg but when my friend got it back he cleaned it out thank god...
Overall this gun is very sick and needs almost no upgrades its perfect out of the box imo im going to give it a 9 because of the kick but this but is so sick personaly i like martixs but this realy compeats with it =)
-Dye DM4 w/ul frame(nice but not as reliable)
-Every Intimidator ever(not even close, dont compare the ego to a timmy)
-Multiple Shockers(also nice but not as light or reliable compared to the ego)
main: 06 British racing green ego(stock)
backup: 05 superman ego(upped to the max)
none are needed but if you must:
1.big bore(.693) dye ultralight barrel
2.Vlocity loader(combined w/ the ego makes one light setup)
3.Microswitch aftermarket board(TADAO M7 or VIRTUE)
4.swap out parts w/ a fellow ego owner to make it look more pimp
*note, no upgrades are needed and all upgrades for the ego are user feel/preference ONLY!!!!!
-Best manual ever
-UMMM.... I doesnt make toast
The Planet Eclipse 06 ego is amazing. I owned, and still do, an 05 ego and I can honestly say that I prefer my 06 over my 05. Right out of the beautiful box, nice one PE, it shot perfect, and with some minor tweaking to the trigger, it shot even better. On the subject of the "kick" of the ego, it is not an issue, imho. People make it sound as if it is a 10 gauge mag shotgun or something. If the issue of the kick of an ego is diverting you from purchasing this marker, don't believe it.
Back to the gun though. The stock barrel is accurate and a fine piece of aluminum itself. The bore is a .693 so it is great for over-boring not-so-great/practice paint. For all of the pansies complaining about the bleeding ear inducing "noise" an ego eminates, go buy some earplugs. It is not that loud, unless you stick the gun to your ear and dryfire it directly into your ear canal.
Cleaning and maintaining this marker is exceptionally easy: lube the hp inline and lp regs with vaseline and lube your ram with a light gun oil. Thats basically it. Take care of your ego and it will take care of you(as with everything, except matrixes).
I will recommend the 06 ego and I will continue to own one until they stop making them or if some other gun comes out that CAN make toast.
I will give the 06 ego a 10/10 b/c thats how everyone rates on hear, no its not perfect but damn near(just break it in)
Loader, loader, loader! At least a stock Halo B or Vlocity (or however those ugly things are spelled), preferably with upgrades. Speed of Ego is directly effected by speed of loader.
Fast, balanced, accurate, reliable, looks great, easy to adjust...did I mention fast?
Stock rail bent off with little force... read more in body
Before I bought the Ego, I ran a custom E2 cocker. I loved that gun. It was fast, reliable, shot any paint that could fit into the breech, accurate, and great on air. I thought I'd never get rid of that gun. It took a long time to even consider another gun, until I shot a shop ego. Instant love. Needless to say, the cocker went down the road and a brand new Ego6 was on the way. For the record, I still say that cocker was a far better gun than any of those overrated shockers, impulses, DM's, or intimidators. Anyway, to the Ego.
All I had to do was plug on the air, throw on the hopper, and rip streams. All I could say was..."umm, wow". Without trying, I was reaching 16bps on semi auto. I've had it for almost 6 months now and the gun only failed once. Slid into a bunker and the tank caught a little ground...not a hard hit at all... anyway, I felt something was wrong and looked down to see the tank hanging by the macroline... the stock rail snapped off on one side and bent on the other. No biggie... just hacked the rest off and screwed a stronger rail on. I've been stressed more about my darn hoppers than about the rail. It's awesome on air, extremely fast and accurate, and intimidating as hell. We just won a 3-man this past weekend and the owner had to check my gun to be sure I wasn't ramping! Amazing. Yeah, it sounds like an M-16, but oh well... it adds to the intimidation factor. It's tough to explain, but I'm a firm believer that this is the best gun in the world. I'm confident that I'll never own another marker. I may own another Ego, but I'll never own another joke marker.
Yep, they're expensive, but they're worth every penny
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, May 29th, 2006 at 8:02 pm PST
ion ( NOTING AT ALL LIKE THIS MARKER)
promaster (tested too many leaks)
06 Planet Eclipse Ego, all stock , Jet Black, with a PMI tank/with centerflag reg.gauge/valve
and a Clear Empire Reloader B w/ 9v mod
-maybe a new barrel or bolt (for quiet purposes) but who care it needs to Roar like the tiger the king of all paintball marker!!!!
-so over all i say no upgrades needed
-everything even the stock barrel
People say they are load but all guns are loud for speed-ball
Ok, well im jus gonna say this marker speaks for its self you don't need to buy anything for it once you have it the stock 4pt adjustible trigger will do anything you want (except for getting you a job) you can pick you de bounce level, your rate of fire, first shot drop off. making this the most customizable marker too date out of da box!
GET IT !!! its so awesome, i cant give it a 9 and it don't deserve anything lower then a 10. lightest and fastest marker. i love mine do you love yours?
Well I have not played PB since gotcha and pump guns where the deal!!! However I do read massive amounts of info on markers and other products (im a tech-head what can I say).
Empire Reloader B Hopper
Empire Revolver 7 piece Barrel Kit
68/4500 PMI carbon fiber tank
Empire bottle cover
Digi camo medical tape covering (my glitter blue hopper and hose)
A new Barrel is all I can really say you will ever need....and if you like full auto (with a push of a button) then u can get a new board...You can make it FULL AUTO without a new board (i hit 25bps with one pull of the trigger in semi 1).
Purrrfect! I can't rag on this Marker @ all!!!!!
None for real!!!!!
So let me get this out first I play WOODSBALL....Now that I have gotten that out let me get started. There are tons of markers out there and frankly 90% are the same damn thing done over and revamped a little (just to stop the lawyers from going nutz). I like the way it looks kinda edg-E and the LBS. is feather wieght! Ez to use (hell im new to elctric markers) display is kewl white and blue LCD junk! Trigger is nice on the fingers...Grip is nice and thick rubber/plastic (good cause im a sweaty guy)...ramping 2 and semi 1 is pretty much all i use...you can tweak the semi 1 out to have it full auto with out a new board !!! I use ramping 2 the most 15bps with short trigger pull is sick...shooting this is a dream come true...I can hit my mark everytime with breakbeams on....and when a ball does break (when they are off ...and its rare) it cleans itself enuff to keep playing when in the heat of battle...I have let lots of diffrnt players pop off some balls with this and everyone says the same "wow thats sick"...hell i have even let a COP pop off the EGO and he was like "I have to get one"...you can buy the new marker from dye "6" but for the money hands down this IS the marker to own!!
Buy this marker!!! why huh if you dont know you will when you are screaming "out out out"!!!
'06 Planet Eclipse ego
4500 psi 68 ci fiber wrapped tank
maby a barrel if you want
Well......i purchased my ego very cheap for $1000. So i get my ego and first day out i didn't think it would be consitant but i was wrong is was up and down 4! This gun is amazing and its soo easy to use. The lcd screen is very visible. Isnt the most accurate gun but its is like a 5 inch spread from 20 yrds so its close. So about the speed OMFG its is probebly the fastest gun out there i can shoot 18 easily on semi. The gun is soo light weight and very good for a frontman player. Also the eyes on this thing is soo awesome i havn't chopped one ball and the myth about using bad paint is a lie i was using $30 for fun and it works fun. This gun is very smooth and there is no kick whatsoever. Just get this gun you won't be disappointed.
Accurate, very efficient, and fast. Oh yeah and this gat is easy to maintain.
Uhhhhhhh, welllllllll, hmmmmmmm. nothing.
Im not gonna go into detail however im gonna say that this gun is efficient, and way accurate. I play on a team so i can shoot almost a full case off a full peanut fill. I use pmi gun oil on the ram and a dab on the bolt and I use dow 33 or shocker lube for the LPR and Reg.
I recomend this gat to anyone who has played speedball for a while. Im used to the E2 trigger which is very similar to the ego trigger. I love how I remove the bolt, take the ram out and use a 3 dollar gun oil once a week. I also love how the LPR is so easy to clean and lube. I am rating this gat at a 10 because of how it looks, feels, shoots, and smells, haha im kidding about the smell. look if you got the cash, buy it. you wont be disapointed. my pic is posted so its the black/gray/blue gat you see befor your eyes. a ten for a rating by the way is low for what it deserves so. anyway some like it some dont so go to your nearest paintball store and get a feel for it.
Pretty much every high-end gun out there...DMs, Timmys, Shockers, Angels...
Empire Reloader B
Crossfire 45/45 HP tank
Out of the box this thing rips...
You don't really NEED anything.
WEIGHT, EFFICIENCY, speed, accuracy, reliability, ease of maintenance
Loud...but does that really matter
All your friends will want to play with it
Alright...when I started looking for a new marker, I tired out everything I could get my hands on. I'm a front player, so I wanted a lightweight compact system, but didn't sacrifice weight for quality. Everything I tried, and everywhere I looked kept sending me back to the Ego.
It's the lightest gun on the market, so that fits my criteria.
CRAZY air effieciency means I can run a 45/45 tank to cut down even more wieght.
(I've never done an actual shot count, but using a 45/45, I get just as many, if not more, shots than I was getting with my DM5 using a 70/45 tank).
Another thing I love about this marker is that , out of the box, you don't NEED to do anything to it. It rips. In fact, the only things I've done to mine so far have been for cosmetic reasons (Red accent kit, new grips) I will probably buy a barrel kit for it, though the stock barrel works just fine. I couldn't tell you how well it shoots through breaks because I have yet to have a chop or barrel break. This thing shoots AMAZING!!!
The trigger is great IMO. Fully adjustable for pre and post travel, as well as both spring AND magnet tension adjustments. The trigger is optical, meaning there isn't an actual microswitch. Some people don't like this and would rather feel the clicking of a switch, but I personally love the feel of the Ego trigger...not to mention the fact that since it is optical, you can adjust the trigger filter settings on the board to get the gun shooting EXACTLY the way you want it to (activation and release points...etc.)
The LCD display is another great feature, easy to read and navigate through the menus. Some people prefer LEDs, but I personally like LCD.
The packaging/manual is also top notch. You'd figure that with everything they put into the marker, Planet Eclipse would slack a bit on this area, but they pulled out all the stops...other manufacturers could take note of this...
All in all, this marker is the perfect match for me and my style of play. The only real fault I could find in the marker is that is a little bit loud (actually quite loud compared to my DM5), but in all reality, does that really matter???
A big round of applause for the P.E. boys on this one...a top notch product!!!