- Lower pressure operation. Larger volume of stored air in the valve chamber and in-line regulator allow operating pressure to be lowered by up to 50 psi
- Shorter Bolt. Smaller bolt = less reciprocating mass, and therefore higher cycle speeds.
- Improved trigger design. New trigger loses 20% of its thickness and mass. Improved reaction and quicker return. Centrally mounted prong improves resistance to trigger sensor contamination by light and debris.
- Trigger contoured for easier, faster-for-longer string shooting.
- Larger Trigger Guard gives more room for those with fingers of the larger variety. Or even for those nimble enough to utilize the 3-Finger technique.
- Multiple trigger return options. All markers come with spring and magnetic return options. Simply adjust in magnetic, or spring return mechanism. For smoothest pull, use both.
- Integrated snatch grip. Longer frame allows easier carrying and more pleasing aesthetical design.
- Integrated Dovetail Rail. On/Off mounts directly to the frame. No need for extra rail.
- Rubberised Moulded Ergonomic Button Covers. Adds extra element of protection from water ingress as well as comfort and ease of button pressing.
- 06 Detents. Larger Detent base eliminates pull-thru and adds durability to the detent system.
- New Range of Eclipse Colours: Jet Black, Gun Metal Grey, Navy Blue, Scarlet Red, British Racing Green.
- New 06 Instruction Manual. More Detail, more pictures, more maintenance features.
- New Body Profile. Sleeker design, lower weight, and more style. The Ego6 carries on the legendary Ego mantra of form and function combined.
- New In-Line Regulator. Longer and thinner, the new reg offers greater shooting comfort, added style and a larger internal stored volume. It's new dimensions also allow tighter hose configuration that utilizes easier-to-use push fittings and shorter hose length.
- New improved circuit board for the new trigger system. New mounting location (not interchangeable with 05 board) and new Optical trigger sensors. New sensors are more powerful, yet use less power than 05 Optical trigger system.
- Advanced Microprocessor; new microprocessor has more power, more memory and greater power saving features than those of previous models.
- More Powerful Eyes; the new Breech Sensor hardware means that the eyes will work in virtually direct sunlight yet use only 20% of the power of the '05 BBSS.
- Improved Battery Life; battery life extended by as much as 63%, depending upon battery type and usage. Continuous tests at 10bps resulted in a 46% improvement over previous models using the factory fitted battery.
- Improved Battery Terminals; new "gripper" battery terminal design is more durable and provides better electrical contact than on previous models.
- Thicker waterproof coating on the circuit board provides even more resistance to water than before.
- Improved Breech Sensor Logic; breech sensor is even more responsive than on previous models, which means that the Ego6 is able to react much quicker to paintballs entering the breech.
- Multiple Factory Debounce Settings. Trigger debounce can be set on a simple scale of 1 to 5. Alternatively, users can adjust their own debounce settings. The TT Filter is still available yet can also be switched off completely if required, making this the easiest Ego yet to debounce.
- Adjustable Trigger Hysteresis. Along with the traditional trigger stops, it is now possible to set the trigger activation and release points within the software, providing a level of adjustability far superior to any micro-switch.
- Peak Rate-Of-Fire Indicator; giving two ROF indicators to choose from. Full one second sampling to give "True" number of Balls-Per-Second (same as 05 Ego), or Peak Rate-Of-Fire that gives the rate-of-fire between both the last two consecutive shots AND the fastest two shots achieved in a string. Peak ROF is stored after use for true "bragging rights".
- Improved Training Mode. Breech Sensor can be switched on and off in Training Mode and all parameters are "live" for a true simulation without the bangs.
- Improved LCD Readability. A new display font and larger BBSS icon improve readability. The dynamic battery level indicator is updated much more frequently than on previous models.
The Planet Eclipse EGO 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
I've shot a lot of high-ends, but nothing compares.
Halo w/ ST hot rod kit
There are no upgrades needed, even the stock barrel is excellent.
Has modes Out of box
Easy to maintain
None that I have found, other than noise level, but it's no big deal.
After selling my 05 proto, I was looking for something different. I had originally settled on an abomb timmy, but after playing at a tourney where everyone (except ego owners) were breaking paint. I decided on an 06 that had just come in.
First thing I did when I got it home was adjust the trigger (which is crazy easy to do with 4-point adjustment), and change my settings to some I found on pbnation. Took it outside and aired it up. The on/off is nice and easy to use, and the controls of the markers are clear and simple. the ramp mode is awesome for showing off at the chrono too:).
After having my parents tell me to knock off all the noise, I found the training mode, which is great for practicing without making much noise. On the weekend I headed out to test my new prize. And wow, after changing my settings, I was consistently hitting 19 bps with NO BOUNCE whatsoever. And playing with the thing was not at all awkward for a first game day with it. It felt natural.
Here's my current settings. (thanks to "Bump pb" on pbnation)
EGO 06 BLUE W/ RED PARTS, BLUE EMPIRE B, m7 da SUPERMAN:)
EGO 06 RED W/ BLUE PARTS, RED EMPIRE B, m7 da SUPERMAN:)
06 SILVER DYNASTY SHOCKER W/ BLACK PARTS, dynasty board
05 SHOCKER BLACK W/ SILVER PARTS, dynasty board, he bolt, silver dynasty trigger
ORACCLE W/ EVERY POSSIBLE UPGRADE
ION W/ EVERY POSSIBLE UPGRADE
Are you serious!!!!!!
how i got it- recently our team appllied for a sponsorship form PE. luckily we got it and they became our major gun sponsor. Everyone one the team has one.
1ST IMPRESSION- i took the gun out of the metal and was amazed!! excelent milling i mean it is drop dead sexy! i heard about how good it actually was and got my tank and hopper and set of to my backyard. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! super fast, light, no kick, efficency
speed- This is one of the fastst guns i have ever shot. I tweaked the settings and this gun is a god from OLYMPUS**.
accuracy- This also a very accurate gun. If you one ball a target you will hit the target if you can see correctly. You can hit a pole too (go to bradyspaintball.com, go to videos (under LTL, go to the bottom). Very accurate too at high speeds (if you saw the vid).
efficency- this is a very efficent gun. just out of the box i was able to get an amazing amt. of paint slingin'. can your gun go 2 hoppers and 5 pod? probably not right out of the box on a 68/45.
weight- this has to be lightest gun i have ever held w/ hopper and tank. While playing you wont know you're holding it. wink wink. Lightest gun i have ever held that simple!
1ST PRACTICE- got to field and my team was amazed. everyone wanted to touch it. that got kinda annoying. off to the field!! 1st game i lane the guy going to the snake and mak a quick bump to center 30 laydown. i knew how light the gun was just by carrying it but with adreniline it is feather light. next i shoot out the guy in the dorritos and bum to the X. bunker the center 30 laydown. team finishes off the 2 last players crossing it up.
i had practices like this all day.
CLEAN UP TIME- i take apart the gun. this was my first ego and it was simple. maunal is very helpful.
POSSIBLE UPGRADES- virtue, m7, A+ annodizzing bolt, NDz pro delrin bolt and pin, exhaust valve kit, grip
YOU REALLY DONT NEED UPGRADES.
Buy this gun!! It is amazing, well worth the money and wait. If you don't have the money i would recommend the dynasty shocker( russian legion or naughty dog when they come out)
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, May 22nd, 2006 at 4:18 pm PST
Bob Long Infamous
Bob Long NaughtyDogs
Red 06 Ego
- Red Ndz On/Off
- Scarlet Red Reloader B
- Empire Fuel 71-4500
To be quite honest there is really no upgrades you need for this, however if you want to pimp it, you will need:
- Virtue 06 Ego Board
- Considerably New Reg
- Considerably New Barrel
- Considerably Colour Accents Kit
- Considerably New Trigger
- Considerably New On.Off
- Considerably D.A.R.T. Bolt
The 06 Stock is a really great gun for who ever the player!
- Eclipse open bolt electro pneumatic marker.
- Break Beam low profile breech Sensor System (BBSS).
- PCB features: LCD, optical trigger, rear function buttons with rubberized Navigation Console, Menu-
Driven operating system, BBSS indicator, clip-in 9 volt battery operated.
- Ego 6 Trigger. Choice of magnetic or spring return, or both! 4-point trigger adjustment.
- Pat. Pending, TT Filter Software, as first seen on the infamous E2 frame kits.
- Fully adjustable trigger hysteresis.
- 5 Debounce settings as standard.
- Improved breech sensor logic enabling Ego 6 to react even faster to paintballs entering the breech.
- Peak ROF indicator as well as Average ROF indicator.
- Integrated adjustable LPR with dedicated HP inlet.
- Ego 6 Inline Reg. high flow, accurate, consistent output in a streamlined package.
- Eclipse 'Rammer' one-piece hammer/ram mechanism. Highly durable Stainless construction. Strips in
- Integrated Eclipse QEVs for the fastest possible cycle times.
- Sub miniature solenoid and integrated minifold
- Body-Integrated feed stub.
- Offset 'Def-Tek' feed system for "No-Bounce" ball feed.
- Clamping low-rise feed tube
- Low pressure, high flow Supercharger valve system.
- Brass bushed valve guide. No valve pin wear, no friction.
- Ego 6 open faced, high flow Delrin bolt.
- Pop-n-Slide bolt pin. Super large pin/rammer contact area for minimal wear.
- Eclipse Shaft Solo 14" barrel .693.
- Cocker barrel thread.
- Larger trigger guard for improved comfort and increased space for finger movement.
- Integrated slide rail on base of frame.
- Eclipse On/Off System and Hose.
- Integrated “snatch” grip.
- Dual rubber finger Ego 6 detents; larger base further eliminates “pull-thru”.
- Ego 6 Duo-Tech rubber Grips
- Eclipse Sup-Tol Machining
- Compatible in all major paintball leagues worldwide
- Unlimited ROF with BBSS enabled. Speed is limited by loader only.
- Fully adjustable ROF with BBSS Disabled.
- Ego 6 Operator Manual, spares and barrel condom included.
- Tech friendly.
- User friendly.
Weight: 966g; Ego 6, Eclipse On/off and regulators.
1108g Inc. Shaft Solo Barrel
Length: 265mm; Ego 6, Eclipse On/off and regulators.
538mm Inc. Barrel
Height: 180mm Body And Frame
230mm Inc. Feed and On/Off/Purge System
Width: 25.3mm Body
27.3mm Inc. Eye Covers
Shots: Bench Test fired 1687 Paintballs from a 4500psi fill in a 68ci tank. Results can vary dependant on Paint, Barrel Length, Bore Size and Velocity.
This gun is a truly amazing gun, i have shot over 10000 rounds through this machine and i have not had one ball break using Xball Silver. This gun is really accurate, really easy maintainence, really fast, and really light. If you are looking to become a serious baller i would consider you take a chance to buy one of these today seeing how they are truly amazing
2006 Eclipse Ego
Viewloader Velocity loader
45ci 4500psi Pure energy tank
Maybe grip if you want to make it look cooler
Everything is a strength its loud but who plays woods ball with this gun.
Weaknesses on this gun are you kidding
This is the best gun on the market it costs less than the Dm6 and looks much better thsi gun is the best forget at looking at anything else high end. This gun is the best looking gun the milling is so good. The Lcd screen it is so easy to read during a game and and the buttins are so easy to use during a game.
Buy this gun if you have the money I got mine on sale at pevs for 995
this gun is the sickest piece or art u will ever shoot. its the most accurate gun out there. simply amazing stock. best care program in the business. if u have any questions message the techs on the website and they will respond in 1 day. and they do. the speed is amazing. its the most accurate gun out with the stock barrel!! and don't worry about the bore size cause its a .693 and i was using x ball bronze which is .689 max and it was by far the most accurate gun on the feild. i mean ball on ball. it is also extremely light. weighs less than a pound. 5 diff modes and 5 diff debounce setting as well as displays game timer, peak ROF as u shoot and shows average rate of fine as u shoot. the gun metal grey is by far the nicest color out there. its so amazing. it looks 1,000,000,000 times better in person than it does in pics. don't get any other color. and the prize isn't so bad. only 1,125 compared to the DM6 which is still 1,300 and the ego is much more balanced and nicer in every way. its a lot more cause its made by DYE.
do yourself a favor and go out and buy this gun. its amazing, cheap, fast, light, compact, accurate. what else could u ask for.
BUY 1 TODAY. i don't care what time it is.
Angel (IR3, A4, Fly)
Dye UL & Stiffi barrels
Empire Reloader B
Empire Fuel 46/4500 or Center Flag 45/45 or CrossFire 68/45 (all HP tanks)
delrin pull pin
CP 2k5 on/off
Delrin pull pin & good paint
Fast, light and reliable
Price and sort of loud
The new 'improvements' to th eEgo6 sounded interesting enough for me to sell my Ego5 and buy the newest version.
Light, fast and easy to deal with.....ready to use out of the box...no upgrades are needed for this gun to be competition ready.
new STAR frame with built in snatch grip...makes it easier to hold between games
larger trigger guard...more finger walking space and longer trigger (3 finger capable)
dowel pivot but very smooth...easy to rip on
spring & magnet return...make it snappy or soft, short or long, can use both or either
longer trigger...easier to rip on and easier to do teh 3 finger walking technique
allen key lock down....no upgrade needed here...insert you hopper and lock
more firing modes, more and easier debounce settings and larger fonts on the display with more display options....has 3 ramp and 2 semi modes plus a practice/training
Eclipse Solo Shaft... it's a .693 bore so it's perfect for the open bolt Ego...good accuracy
I got a delrin pull pin to lighten up the cycling mass a bit and a black-out screw kit for asthetic reasons...I replaced the on/off (Non-OOPS) ASA because it does not purge like the one on the Ego5 (I got a 2k5 CP). The better battery life is a welcomed feature and the reg holds a bit more air for a slightly lower operating pressure than th e05 model and the revised eye logic seems to make the gun even easier to shoot fast.....I got a 4bps increase with the Ego6 vs. the Ego5.
It's an open bolt gun so it's going to be on the loud side but if speedball is your main thing then the noise wont be a problem....but I've used this thing in the woods several times with no adverse noise problems that caused me to get shot....so the noise factor is a matter of opinion.
Great gun...I had an 05 and had to buy the 06.....I will always have one of these in my gear bag...think of it as a tight & solid Timmy with a better display and no need for an adjustable RAM cap
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, July 30th, 2006 at 11:40 pm PST
The 06 egos are amazing! They are amazingly fast and very consistant. The new trigger feels nice and is comfortable while shooting. The new ego like all other egos is very gas effecient and i am consistantly getting 1600-1800 shots per tank. The barrel that comes with the ego is quite good and very accurate with average sized paint.
Overall the ego is an amazing gun and the only down side is the price but you get what you pay for so don't dwell on the price too long because its worth every penny.
um.....what can i think thats better thats not already there
barrel kits would alow you to size it up but the stock barrel is perty good as is
dart bolt (if you need it)
Better than anything ive ever tested
Weight (lol jk)
Sock asa can unscrew all the way
well best gun ive ever played with i tried the fist part of the day with a freak kit. It did a great job with accuracy but since the gun wasent broken in, so the consistancy just wasent there. Either it was my lack of knowledg of adjusting lpr and such but still for a out of the box gun very good so i didnt touch the lpr. As for seting it up i played with the settings the night befor but decided to reset the gun and put it to Semi1 and the debounce level to 2. I went to the field got some air in the ank loaded up went to the crono and trid to get a good crono but because it wasent broken in i was going somwhere around 10+/- so i wasent too screwed but im playing xball so no wories.
early in the day i was doing ok the bounce wasent kicking in a whoal lot but the trigger was really stiff out of the box so i tried to soften it up but i felt little to no difference with the srews out as much as i desired.
eyes- they are awsome never a miss fire, chop, or ball break so they do a really great job
barrel-best u can get stock althought i did use a freak kit because i wanted to size it up for best acuraccy but i played most of the day with stock and it did just about the same so i aplaude elcipse on a good job here
grip- i dont know the term but its between a 90* and a 45* just down the middle and its just perfect i dont like the 90* because its just plain uncomfortable and the 45* frames just dont cut it either so i think they made me happy here
speed- fully adjustable if you want 1 pull 1 shot u got it , want to cap it you got it, wanna cheat u got it, if you want it to just give you a better edge and stay leagal for your field this board can do it
noise- its a bit loud with a freak kit with the stock barrel its not as loud but you can hear it
efficency- without it broken in i cant give you a great review here although i did empty 4 pods and 1 hopper with 1k left in a 3k tank so you will have plenty of air to do what you need it for
accuracy- with concistancy at what it was when i got it it was damn good i could get people from accross the xball field with even hard shelled paint on fleshy soft bodies so its a++ there
looks- to one his own i like mine
price-not for the lawn mowing teanager thats for sure i hope you have parents to buy this for you or start saven but the gun is woth every penny
all in all its a great gun if you are willing to pay the cash there are no real upgrades you can or want to do to the gun triggers are just preference to me the gun does the job it was ment to do and i wont be getting anything else anytime soon if you get one only thing ull find is different but nothing is the same as ego. i do say if you are a hardcore tourny player heres the gun for you there is little any gun can do to beat it but to do so you need to drop 300-400 dollars on top of the price tag but this gun is ready to go out of box. If you are a rec player dont bother please this gun is not for your needs im emphasise this because tourny and rec ball requier different needs a lower end timmy or a good shocker will do you guys perfectly but its a matter of taste and mine are expensive. Now if you are going to do some major playing here you go but please dont spend 1200 dollars for a gun that you run through creeks and rocks play a game. now i love this gun im going to wounder what they will have as a 07 model but i wont buy it unless its got a auto aiming feature cause i dont see whats better that they can do currently i give this gun a 10 because it suits my needs perfectly not because of hype it is truely a great gun
Black w/ Dark Red Contrast kit
Empire Reloader B
Big Tank, Recommend a 4500 psi
Maybe a new barrel?
Good Air Usage
Loud? (does it matter for speedball)
Nothing else this gun is amazing!
This gun IMHO is the best gun on the market! out of the box it is everything you could ask for, you dont even need any upgrades for it! After testing on the field, then going out and buying my own, i was very pleased! it was very accurate, and i got about 3 or 4 games, out of my 3000 psi tank, Shooting 3 pods and a hopper every game. Alittle jump in FPS out of the box, but that is expected, but once you break it in, the fps is +/- 2.
Also this gun looks amazing, it turns heads on the field everywhere you go, and everyone wants to check it out. Also this gun is very light, with a tank and a Empire hopper (6 battery pack), compared to other guns. Also this thing shoots ropes and it shoots darts, unlike like the timmys which lob paint more. This is an amazing gun! go buy one!
This gun is the best gun out there, and will most likely be the best one out there for awhile, it destroys everyone other gun out there. If you are in there market for a high-end gun, go try this one out, and if you like it, you will not be uhappy if you decide to buy it!
Black Ego 06, Halo B w/ rip drive, evil pipe Pmi 4500 psi 68 cu, all american smartparts tank cover
Maybe barrel ( your opinion)
Made by europe... how cool?
Um.... its... ah... nothing?
When my ego came in i was more exited then a little kid getting its first bike. I riped it out of its box and it only took me like... 5 minutes to figure out the programing, and im not to smart... so must be pretty easy to figure out. haha. When i first shot it, it was amazing, every shot on top of the other. Great Performance.
Great top end gun.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, April 8th, 2006 at 8:10 pm PST