The premier marker in paintball! Designed and built by Bob Long, a legend in the sport of competitive paintball. He sets strict build standards to insure the Empire Intimidator is one of the fastest and most accurate markers in the game. Extruded aircraft-grade aluminum bodies keep the Intimidator light and streamlined. Some of the most highly advanced circuit boards and sealed memory chips make up the Intimidator's internals, combined with a friction reducing micro switch trigger system, this marker is capable of over 20 BPS.
* Used by Bob Long's Oakland Assassins/Oakland Empire!
* 1.5" shorter than the Intimidator Alias Marker and other 2005 models
* 1.6 pounds (without a reg or barrel) which is 8 ounces lighter than the Alias
* FASTER - shorter bolt length has improved cycle time
* Completely new Ram and Poppet system - allows marker to operate at even lower pressures, virtually eliminating kick by using less force to move the ball. Lower pressure and lighter ram.
* New look to the LPR system
* Completely new ram bumper system. Ram cap now encloses the sleeve by threading onto it, verses into it like before
* Grip features an integrated rail system
* Accepts the same board and solenoid as existing intimidators
* Added functions on the LCD, including the option to modify your ramp starts and caps and multiple modes to meet various league standards
* Custom 14 inch barrel insures marksman's accuracy
The Bob Long Empire Intimidator 2006 is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Great Stock Parts
Great Ball-On-Ball Accuracy
I had the pleasure of testing this gun 1 week ago and I must say that this gun is a perfect match for me. I am currently trying to trade one of my markers for this gun. Once I pulled the trigger of this gun once, I fell in love with it. It has great stock parts and it has great ball-on-ball accuracy. If I had to choose between this gun and any other marker, I would choose the 2006 Intimidator.
If you are looking for a marker, look no further than this Intimidator.
timmy's from 2k2's to this one
05 angel speed
G7 and G7 fly angel
dm's and pm's
just about eberything out there i've shot this is by far one of the best
grey dust with red highlights empire2
empire reloader b
you dont really need to upgrade anything i have a techna on it because i love techna's and i just like the way my cp barrel shots so i use that but really it's all personal preference
Easy to maintain and clean
did i mention fast and light
Nothing besides the fact everyone wants to shot it and the whole poppet thing
ok so i got this gun christmas ( i payed for 3/4s my parents payed the rest)
when i first took it out of the box i was like OMFG this thing is light ( and sexy) then i threw on my rail and on/off and went outside to shot it ball on top off ball accuracy , and i could hit 15 bps on semi easily with out trying which is an extremely big accomplishment for me cause i have slow fingers, the next weekend i took it out to play for the first time i got there and everyone was asking me if they could hold it and shot it which was sort of upseting my friend because he had just got a new EGO and it was getting over shadowed by my empire 2. at the chrono it was +/- 3fps . when i actually went and played a game a was amazed by how comfortable it felt and how easy i could move it around . then when i decided to play back i was picking people off break with the stock barrel ( i didnt really pay much attention to air efficiency sorry i will update it later when i test that part out) then soon after going out and playing with it i got my techna in that i pre ordered so i would get it around the same time i got my gun. and i also picked up a cp barrel ( this made better performance techna adding 2 bps )
only problem i had with this gun is that my third time plating with it it started having terrible drop off and the veloecity wouldnt go above 230 i asked some questions to people who know more about guns then me and i found out the poppet was the problem so i just had toi replace that but other then that little thing this gun was perfect
This is by far the best gun i have ever owned/shot and won't be selling it for a while this gun deserves more then a 10 o ut of 10 because it is just that good
if you have the money for it i would definately throw down the cash and get it
GZ intimidator, Alias intimidator, Empire (1) intimidator, all the dm markers, shockers, cockers, and angels.
Gloss black with blue parts 06 empire intimidator, 14in cp barrel, 45 45 crossfire tank, blue halo with rip drive, and smart parts on/off
There is not much that needs to be uped on this marker out of box, but pm me if you wish to see a long list of possible ups...
Easy to shoot
Easy to clean
Compact grip frame (hard to work on gun)
This marker has several weaknesses in my mind. First of all, the sharp milling may look cool, but it can and has made deep cuts to the hand if you are not carefull. This is annoying, but can be overlooked.
Second, as with the first empire intimidator, this intimidators milling could be better. I am not a picky person when it comes to looks, but it looks like it was just welded on without smoothing it out near the eyes. This is annoying when you lay 1000 bucks down for a piece of metal.
Lastly, it is a hassle to try and get a rail on the gun. You have to take off the camshell and remove the battery in order to srew your set screws into the gripframe. Once in place they usually stay, but it is a hassle if you want to take your tank off the rail.
On to the good stuff....
1. This marker is light light light! The empire is both small and light so it handels great with front players and back players. This is the most comfortable marker I have held to date (and believe me, I have played and held many a marker). This is great for those long days at the field, you can play longer without getting tiered.
2. This marker is easy to walk. I have slow fingers and i can walk this gun fairly well. I can not keep up with some people, but I can hold my own in a match with full auto with just walking the trigger.
3. This marker keeps constant streams precisly. I am impressed with how accurate this marker is when shooting a constant stream of paint. It is very accurate seeing that you have the right barrel.
4. This marker is both air efficient and has little kick. I have my intimidator lpr set at 60 psi (low for a timmy). My friend who has an adjustable air tank set his lpr at 50-55 and it is rocking. This virtually eliminates kick and allows for more accurate streams and or one balling.
5. It's a timmy. These guns don't give out much drama, and when they do it is mainly the owners fault. All intimidators are built well and can take a beating (I know mine sure has).
I feel it is important to note that finding the right paintball marker is like finding the right pair of shoes. You don't just go out and pick up any pair of cool looking shoes and buy them, you try them on first and see which pair fits you best. You need to try out as many different markers that you can and decide which one is best for you. I like the feel of timmies, so I like this marker.
With that said I am going to give this marker a 9 because it performs perfect but it has some fault that are both annoying and dangerous (sharp edges, set screw). Overall this gun is great. I am going to keep mine for a long time.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, August 30th, 2006 at 8:48 pm PST
06 Empire Timmy
CP Slide ASA On/Off
Dye Throttle 45/45
12" 06 Freak back, AA front
Empire Reloader B
New Vert Reg if you want it.. so far the stock is amazing just as long as you lube it.
I dont know if any trigger out there is compatible with this gun yet.
Easy to Clean
The original poppet. Other than that, this gun is flawless
I first saw this gun last year around Dec. I had a Rat Impulse with an I-Frame at first. I wanted this gun the first time i saw it and picked it up around Early Jan. I finally bought it and couldnt put it down.
The first time at the field i had a leak but couldnt find the way to actually stop it. So i wanted to play with it so bad that i just did. With the leak the effiency was still amazing(4 Dye Lock Lids). The weight was amazing, perfectly balanced with the 45/45. The stock barrel is good but the thing is the when it chopped cause i didnt have my eye on,the balls swerved. It was easy to clean the chop with the easy to pull pin on the bolt.
I e-mailed the Bob Long tech after the field to mail me a new poppet, and so they did. Now after installing the poppet and playing with the trigger and settings, i can now hit 23 bps full auto and 21 semi auto, 24 on 3 ball burst. Now with no leak, this baby can go through 7 pods easy with the 45/45.
Finally, make sure you lube everything up before you play...makes the gun run smoother, but ill assume you know that.
Also...BLAST tech told me that the best psi to work on is 65-70.
Best gun I've had ever. Weighs less than the Ego and the Dark Angel and almost as the DM6. You don't need a fast gun like the G7 to take guys out(waste of paint). Timmys are reliable and this is the best Timmy yet.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, March 21st, 2006 at 2:23 pm PST
06 Empire timmy
12" assassins barrel
hybrid reg and mount
Empire Reloader B
Definetely a Dye Ultralight 16" !!!THATS IT!!!!
!!! Very Freaking Fast !!!!
!!! Tight and Light !!!!
Poppet must be tight and greased......
For the most part... this marker is insanely light and small... i can rail 16 bps pretty much all the time... and if in the need... you can get that smart ramp going straight to 21 bps if your loader permits..
Im pretty much an all around player and for that this marker is perfect for my job... (railing and bonus-balling that is)
Please ,please get the ultralight and a 45/45.... this marker rips and goes where you tell it to go....