1. Inline poppet valve design. ( not a spool valve)
2. Internal LPR design
3. Manifold mounted solenoid. ( no hoses)
4. Thin ergonomic grip frame.
6. 4 eye operation compatible. ( 30 bps can be acheived with 4 eyes. 4 eye system sold as an upgrade)
7. No rise wedge feed.
8. Swivel top regulator. ( fitting can be rotated to any position)
The Bob Long Marq 6 is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used.
ion max'd, Viewloader Vlocity, red and black freak barrel virtue board. sling blade trigger new bolt. contract killer grips
Upgrades?? who needs em with a gun like this
Weakness?? timmy, ya right.
price? but thats not weak to the actual marker
I got to test this at my local store and i was very impresssed by, well everything. Lets start by saying the gun is no longer the onyx it is now the marq 6. second this trigger is soo amazingly light no adjustments needed. the gun is super light and very very slik looking. the other thing this gun has no internally moving parts giving it absolutely noo kick at all. when i shot it i couldn't belive it. there wasn't even the slightest vibration in the gun when u shot it. GREAT MARKER
Its a Bob Long marker, there is nothing better top of the line paintball markers. this gun is down right amazing, if you got the money buy em
10 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, December 21st, 2006 at 5:32 pm PST
Bob long Onyx with Bob long on/off asa and Freak Kit
None really this gun rips right out the box wish it came with an on/off asa
This gun rips right out of the box. I got mine with a Bob long on/off asa the only thing the gun really needs. It looks like a DM7 but is lighter. It is also fast i mean this thing rips ,but becareful not to have the trigher two tight though because it will bounce. The Onyx also has no kick it literally is smooth as all hell. Because of the redesigned bolt and ram the gun is more accuret and small. So in play the onyx actually puts the ball right where you aim i have a freak on mine but you really do not need it because it is so accurate
Get this gun it is awesome it is the best on the market right now
probably barrel. Only shot one type of paint, and at tourneys, who knows?
Personal preference really.
hard to say. Only tested a few pods with it
I've never really wanted a bob long because all of his Timmy's had a design that was a little too 'look-at-me!' for my tastes. To me, they look like abstract sculptures with barrel out of one end, and that never really applealed to me. I prefer a subtler, more sleek design. Don't get me wrong, all of Bob's guns are great, but the sdesign is something that always separated it from, say a DM5-6 or an ego (Though the new 07 ego does seem to have a very timmy-like design). Anyways, with the advent of the Onyx (marq6), I actually considered getting a bob long.
At first glance, the onyx seems a lot like a shocker with a bit more milling. I first thought it was a spool valve-operated marker, because of the look of the body, but the tech at the shop quickly stated that it was a poppet valve marker. Strapping on a VLocity and a LP 68/45 tank, the VL full of marballizer, I was able to shoot reasonably fast, considering my slow fingers. While a 45 is my ideal tank of choice, the 68 felt very tight and I was able to do some snap shooting comfotably and quickly.
I will only award it a 9 as I have never been able to actually test it in a game. When that happens, you can expect my rating to go up from a 9 to a 10.
With some new looks and some new technology under the hood, the Onyx seems like a very solid addition to Bob's lineup of markers. If you are like me and have never really like bob's markers, then I encourage you to check this one out, and if you are a longtime fan of Bob's guns, then you probably already have one.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Tuesday, December 12th, 2006 at 3:28 pm PST
Now when u can start w/ this: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5476/img1143copypi8.jpg
to this: http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/310/onyx1cl2.jpg
you spent alot of time and effort into the gun.......
1. This gun is super fast! i believe Bob named it MFF board(mother frickin fast).......he wasnt lying either. This gun can ripp like no other and cannot be outshoten. no lies. there are no gaps in your rope of paint at all, it is a constant flow of paint.
2. When buying a gun, you want something fast and accurate. The stock 12' barrel was not up to par but is still good. i almost always deciede to upgrade my barrel for preference and confidence. now im not saying the assasian barrel is bad, he has been using them for every BL gun made for millions of years. i just like DYE barels. W/ stock barrel i shot 25 balls, 1 balling, and only missed a cone 2x from 40 yrds away. with a string of paint i missed 4x due to prolly not having my settings. very accurate non-the less...
3. Have you ever heard a dm/pm shoot?? it is dead silent.....well this is exactly the same. sound doesnt matter to me, i have shot egos and the occasional rental. but the upside to having a quiet gun is the other team not knowing where u are....
4. This gun is very efficent for a BL gun. this is my 1st set of BL guns and to me they are efficent. they are not ur legends but they definetly areny ur shocker efficency. i wiould have to say i get a pulse and 8 pods of a 70/45 fill
5. THe onyx is also pretty light. it weighs 2.5 lbs w/o barrel and 3 lbs w/. it is not a legend, sl66, or shocker. but it is still light......
6. Th onyx also has a very small profile. it looks kinda short and fat, stubby, ect. but it really isnt. the feedneck is as low as a qlock . the shape of the body can be compared to an ion but w/ metal. when the pics first started to "leak" out, everyone though it was the ion competitor but was quite wrong w/ a $999.95 price tag......
1. The adjustabily of this gun is minimal. you cannot adjust the settings on ur stock board but you really dont need to...BUY THE KILLA BOARD!!!!
Overall this is a great gun to buy. I strongly suggest getting this gun if u are an experieced paintballer.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, December 14th, 2006 at 1:43 pm PST
pure energy 68/45
This is the best gun ive ever used!!!! It has no kick and has pretty much the best accuracy and so smoothe and extremely fast. no complaints. Its my friends but i think i havnt used a better gun. Even though im in love with egos i think this is the best shootin gun out there right now. Its also really light.
The pin is to small so if u rip it and stop it keeps shooting
Bob made the perfect gun this time. I was a little worried because its his first internal gun but i was wrong its better than a dm6 in my opinion but one of my friends thinks dm6s are better but hes stupid to many shots in the head by my onyx haha funny story basicly he was acting all bad with his dm and i bunkered him with my onyx before i fixed it problem and shot him on the top of his head about 45-60 times
I shot Dm3's ,cockers, almost evey gun around , shoot almost every timmy ever made because it now all i shoot
Onyx (dust White) ,2Dust white Ultralite backs , Bobs new on/off asa, 4 eye system
The laser eyes are more for looks and kicks and giggles. Both sets of four eyes do the same same thing only one just glows in the dark. I'm not gonna lie those is my 4 eyes ever go bad i'm going ot buy the lasers because they do look cool but no real atvantage.
HaterSauce on the Bolt when you get it , and the New Asa IS MONEY I LOVE IT!
And if you have a halo u might want to get a Vlocity (read Review)
REALLY FAST !
Light weight , low feed neck,
Better trigger feel
None, read Review
The Gun Is amazing But the only problem you can really point out isnt even the guns fault. the halo/empire loaders and Pulse loaders Put to much pressure On the ball causeing the ball above it in the neck to get nicked by the bolt. I dont think you can blame this on the gun. BUt in my opinion the Onyx will we A force to be reckoned with in the next few years.!
Dual set of eyes, Kila detents. I like using on/offs, so I got the Hybrid grind, and I got a barrel kit, just cause the assassin barrel is not good for all paint sizes.
Grip shape, is narrow at the bottom,
My regulator needed some breaking-in shots.
MARQ6, is lighter than my Timmy Empire 2, but not by much, all these markers should have just come with the dual set of eyes. I know that there are some ppl who prefer LCD's like on the stock Empire 2 boards, so that might be something to think about.
The sound level this thing produces is really quiet, or at least my marker is, and yet i thought my empire 2 was. This marker can rip real fast even on semi mode. My marker came set really good trigger wise, i just left it set up stock.
This marker is great, right out of the box, go get one, cause this marker is gonna be usefull, unlike other markers which NEED boards and upgrades to be fast and accurate.
And 4 eye upgrae if it didnt come with it
But the gun prettymuchrocks stock.
Very little Kick
Compared to my timmy i found no weakness...
Well one of my teammates just got a brand new Onyx from Delta Paintball. It was pretty sweet. Its Olive and he had a 14 inch stiffi on it. Well mid gamemy gun was chopping and he ran me his gun. As soon as I held it i was satisfied. Then I started shooting it and WOW! It rips! And my alias chops A LOT! So being able to hit what I was shooting at was awesome! I ended up getting 3 G's that game. Im getting one soon!
The best gun Ive ever shot. The second I held it I was happy. Definatly check this gun out.
This gun is so nice, it's like a dream, the four eye thing in a way is kinda cool, and out there, but really uneccesary. I mean you will never chop now for sure, but its kinda over the top doing it, in the fact that the duel break beam eyes work fine. Other than that this gun is unbelievable, and really nasty. The combonation of lightweight, super fast, and air efficient, you can never go wrong, other than that it looks great too.
Buy this sweet marker, it is one of the greatest guns to hit the market, and will change the paintball industry for sure, everyone is going to copy the four eyes now, just like they copied the idea of eyes from bob when he made those way back when. My point being this marker owns, buy it. Thank you bob for another great piece of art.