I3 Pro Features:
* Soft Ears with CoolMax backing, super light injected material. Deflect many of those ears shots without a break.
* Comes standard with advanced anti fog High Definition Single Lens.
* 2 stage foam is specifically designed to sheet sweat and moisture away from your face. Open and closed cell foam technology provides comfort and moisture wicking properties.
* The patented Invision3 Multi-Directional Venting will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the Invision3 Multi-*Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless, as if there were no vocal obstructions.
* Tri-Mold Soft Flex Technology offers various mask flexibility without sacrificing safety or performance. *Utilizing a revolutionary process of co-molding, the Dye design team has developed a firm base frame, coupled with a very flexible facemask and patented venting system.
* Silicone is out, woven rubber is in. The Invision3 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. Designed to fit your head and stay that way, like it should. The elasticity of the woven rubber straps will out last the competition. .
* The anatomically correct Invision3 Pro mask system offers the best of comfort and performance for the player. Tested at twice the current ASTM impact standards for safety. Good protection is key.
* Low profile and removable, the Invision3 visor adjusts vertically to provide maximum shade for your eyes and protection for your forehead.
* The Invision's compound radius lens gives the player the ultimate in vertical / horizontal peripheral vision and optical clarity. Setting the standard in visual performance, the dual-bowl lens design offers phenomenal visual performance.
* The Invision3 goggle frame is molded from tear-resistant polyurethane and is designed with maximum flow-through ventilation. Designed to be anatomically correct and low profile to your face, the Invision goggle frame is a first in the paintball industry.
* Adjustable comfort chinstrap to secure goggle during active play.
The Dye i3 Invision Pro Mask 2007 is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used. Check out the Places to Buy links below for places to purchase it new.
Customisable (Fan, Timer etc.)
Difficult Lens Changing System
Ok, well where do I start? I'll tell you where, let's start with the box. One thing I noticed when the box arrived was just how small it was and how light the box was! I'd already tried a friend's pair and decided to buy some on that alone, but I wasn't prepared for what I received in the post! I had to open the box quickly just to check the goggles were in there because you see I was used to the big display cases of the Events as they were the only other pair of goggles I had bought!!
Once you open the sleek, customary Dye packaging, emblazoned with the words '20% lighter', you're greeted with the beautiful looking goggles. The contents are pretty standard- Goggles (fitted with Hi-Def lens), Visor, Bag and manual. However, the fun starts when you put on these goggles and use them for the first time!
One thing that hits you when you adjust the various straps (chin/head) to your liking, is just how comfortable this mask is. It really seems to slide on and off with such ease to the point that you hardly notice you're wearing them, which ultimately is what you want. As well as being very comfortable, these goggles are extremely light which again adds to the illusion of not wearing anything. Owning a pair of Events (which are also considered to be quite light), I found these goggles to be even lighter, however, don't quote me on that!
Another advantage to these goggles is just how breathable they are. Compared to other goggles that I've tried these seemed to be one of the most breathable masks i've used! Another neat feature is the ability to use a fan and/or game timer. Although I haven't bought or used the game timer, I have made excellent use of the fan. As well as keeping me slightly cooler, the fan also acts to help keep the lens from fogging up.
There are a few disadvantages with these goggles:
1. Lens changing is difficult- Not really a problem for me as I haven't needed to change the lens, the Hi-Def suits me just fine!
2. Slightly left vulnerable around the chin/neck area- It has been mentioned in a previous review so I thought I better reiterate it here. Although the neck are is slightly exposed, I've yet to be hit there and TBH this is not really the function of the goggles. They are meant to protect your eyes and if you want your neck protected then you should buy a separate neck protector. Saying that, I've yet to receive a blow to the neck area since using these goggles, touch wood!
3. Price- Well the old adage 'You get what you pay for' really rings true here. These are probably the best goggles on the market today and you have to pay a premium for that!
Having tried most of the best brands and top models, I decided to purchase these goggles. Why? Quite simply, they're the best on the market today.
Black Magic Autococker
Dye Boomstick 16"
Money might be an issue.
Out of all the masks i have layed my hands on this spits in their faces! Even its brother, the I3! The I3-pro gives a new meaning to confortability. you will not feel this mask on your face as you do your best on the field. I would say that other masks could get in the way of your preformance...anyways it is not just the comport that rocks this mask it is everything about it that makes it the best! It is Xtremely light and it has and upgraded field of vision. Want the best? Well if you do you know where to look!
!Buy it! As I said, if you want the best you know where to look!
2004 MacDev Cyborg with MatchStick Barrel kit.
Upgrades - Sonic Claw Feed, CP ASA
Crystal clear lenses.
After using a JT ProFlex mask the past year or so I decided to give these a try and was not disappointed.
This is the best mask i have ever had the privilege to use. The precision lense is without doubt the best I've used. It's clear, crisp and sharp and provides an excellent viewing angle. It doesn't dull the outside world the way the JT's seem to do.
The shape fits perfectly around your head and provides as much protection as any mask i've ever used.
The soft ear pieces are comfortable and don't "sandpaper" your ears like the JT's sometimes do.
The only failing i can identify is the lense change. Its been said before, but it's true, the lenses are a pain to get out. They set i got seemed to have been "glued" into the frame as there seemed to be adhesive on the tabs.
After the lense was taken out (eventually - it was a 1 hour ordeal due to aforementioned adhesive) i stretched and foldered the frame for 5 minutes. This seemed to solve the problem and after this the lenses went in and out without any major hassles.
All in all this mask is technically and aesthetically unmatched at present by anything on the market.
Buy them you won't be disappointed.
The $99 price tag is steep but well worth it.
Get the lense out, stretch/fold the mask to loosen it up a bit and lense changing will be less of a hassle.
A great product that will become the standard.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Thursday, November 16th, 2006 at 11:45 am PST
Light, Compact, Excellent clarity, ZERO FOG, Comfortable, Great looks
A bit pricey, Leaves chin/jaw slightly exposed
I love this mask!!
It fit's like a glove, but is light enough to keep you from tightening the straps to the point you get a migraine. Also, the soft ears are very comfy, are adjustable, and do not distort your hearing in the least.
My biggest problem is fogging. I'm big and I sweat A LOT. However, thanks to Dye and their I3 Pro, my vision was crystal clear all day.
On the down side, this mask left my neck and a little of my jaw(about a 1/2 inch) exposed. This is not a shot at Dye, I'm just including this for all the guys with big heads. So that they know what they're getting into. Despite knowing this beforehand, I still bought it, and have no regrets. Ironically, I have yet to get hit in the uncovered area...strange huh?
If you have the money to spend, do it! When you forget they're on your face, you'll know what I mean. It's the closest thing to wearing nothing at all. They're almost perfect....9
I just got these in tonight...and I can't take my eyes off of them! This is probably the best mask I have ever seen/owned! So before I ramble on aimlessly...here's the review...
The first thing I noticed about this mask is obviously: the looks. In my opinion it is the BEST looking mask on the market as of today. Dye has an amazing design going already with the Invision and I3, and the I3 Pro just continues that tradition. The mask is bi-molded with a main color and black. I think it would have looked even more amazing with maybe a third color mixed in (like the second issue of I3's) but honestly, I am not complaining with the final result at all.
The next thing I noticed about the mask was the weight. This thing is feather-lite! With the added soft-ears it almost feels non-existant in your hands. I'm really looking forward to this advantage on the field. Running around with all my gear, my gun, a tank, pods, etc. can start to add up, so having a mask that weighs next to nothing will help out immensly!
This mask also has a very slim profile. On your face it feels almost like a second skin. It hugs nice and tight, with just enough room for a bounce or two. The soft ears are also extremely comfortable as well as light. There is also plenty of foam on the inside around the lens that cradles and conforms to your face when you put the mask on. All in all this is also one of the most comfortable masks I have ever put on.
The venthilation is amazing as well. It almost feels as though you are not even wearing a mask. Breathing in and out is very easy. Also I tried yelling in the mask. There was no echo and my voice seemed to carry extremely well. This will be a BIG advantage over my Avatar.
One of the biggest things I'm concerned about with a mask (aside from breathibility) is the view. This mask does not disappoint. You can easily view a wide-angle with your peripheral vision as well as top to bottom. My only complaint is that the Profiler and the Proflex I have used before, seem to have a wider viewing angle. Although, not by much. I would have to say, unless you're really anal, or like to pay more attention to what's almost 90 degrees to either side of you at all times, this mask gives you more then enough viewing angles.
Now for my biggest pet-peeve about the Dye line of masks. The lense change. Why oh why? Why must this be overlooked after every new iteration of mask from Dye? The forward-tab retention system is a finger-bleeding mess. When I ordered my mask I also ordered a new lense. I figured it must not be that bad. The JT lenses are not the easiest walk in the park either...I'll definitely say that the Dye tab system is a few notches higher on the difficulty level, then JT. My opinion, but man are my fingers soar...but the end result of having a mirrored lense in such a sweet mask...priceless!
*edit* Removing the lense is a pain. However replacing it is not as big of a hassle. The forward tab-retention really has a tight grip, but it's a breeze to put back in. Just apply pressure and the tabs snap into place. Although it's still not as easy as the Profiler, Vents or Axis, it is not nearly as horrendous as I previously made it out to be.
Also I wanted to note the price...but it's what you have to pay in the end for a brand-new product. Is it worth it? You might be asking yourself this. Yes and no. Yes because it is AMAZINGLY light, very gorgeous, and over a top performer in every category. No because if you don't want to spend $100 on a Dye mask you can get some nice I3's for about $40 less and basically have the same product just a little heavier (20% according to the packaging.) I'm definitely going to say that this mask was worth every penny I spent on it, and I don't regret it a single bit. It's the most amazing mask I have ever had the privilage of owning!
I thought my Avatar was the end-all mask. I convinced myself I would never buy another...then I caught a glimpse of the I3 Pro on a website and fell in love. This mask is SUPER-LITE, has looks to slaughter, breaths great, has a nice view and is EXTREMELY comfortable. I would recommend this mask to anyone looking for a pristine paintball product that excels in every possible area of critique (aside from lense removal/installation.) I HIGHLY recommend this product!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, October 25th, 2006 at 7:14 pm PST
2004 bko 4000 psi high pressure,eggy 2 stock, barrel and bolt
Very comfortable, no fog, very breathable
First of all, these are the best goggles i have ever had or used. they dont fog up almost ever if u clean them ever once in a while and they are extremely comfortable. i mean after 3 minutes of wearing them i could not tell that i was wearing goggles. they breath just as easily as if u werent wearing anything, and they really do throw your voice farther. this especially helps when you are in the front and you have to yell at the noobs in the back to move up. they fit snuggly on your head, but for a better fit i would suggest getting a headwrap to go along with it. the only thing i found slighty bad about it was that it is quite difficult to take it apart the very first time, but after that it is worn in and becomes easy. my friend got the new e-vent , and this system is much better.
I would highly recommend buying these goggles because they make the game much easier and you dot have to worry about getting enough oxygen.