The Dye Jersey for 2007 has been taken to the next level with the serious player as the focus. Features this year include an increased venting system, increased raised patented Dyetack, dual mesh side paneling, and slot sleeve venting. In addition, Dye has improved the contoured shoulder protection for a universal fit. Their elbow and forearm protection has been extended to help provide you with maximum protection. Today's game is extremely fast paced and demanding. Knowing this, Dye strives to provide you with the best performance playing gear available. It is a never-ending process.
* VENTING -The dual mesh flow through venting system adds 30% more ventilation. Inset sleeve venting at the elbows and at the upper shoulder allows exceptional air circulation allowing for reduced body temperature. Keeping cool during a game is not only important to your body's health, but it also helps with you stamina.
* DYETACK - Dye invented Dyetack in 2002. It has been imitated and grossly duplicated across the board. There is nothing like the original. They have perfected the direct inject process to provide the most durable and tacky surface to help steady your tank. Dye's team of designers placed the Dyetack in specific locations to optimize tank stability. If your tank is stable, then your aim is stable. The result is an increased chance of hitting your target.
* PROTECTION - Custom enlarged forearm and elbow protection helps reduce injury. The ballistic nylon elbow shell will drastically reduce wear and tear on your jersey during intense slides or dives. Contoured shoulder protection is also critical in helping to reduce the sting of close range bunker shots, while also offering more protection from slides and dives.
* 3D LOGOS - Double embroidered 3D sphere logos add style, and style is a key ingredient to looking good.
* PADDED COLLAR - The C7 Jersey features a new style of collar. A soft flexible Lycra collar for complete comfort with a small amount of padding to help protect your neck from close range bunker shots.
* REINFORCED ELBOW - The game has evolved. It's faster and more intense than ever. Aggressive moves are critical and so is good protection. That's why Dye increased the surface area of the padding in the forearms and elbows to offer maximum protection. Reducing injury means you can play harder.
* MICRO FIBER LENS CLOTH - For 2007 Dye has added a convenient and effective micro fiber lens cloth to their jersey. The unique placement to the left cuff of the jersey prevents unwanted dirt and debris from jeopardizing the cloth's effectiveness, and makes it extremely easy to use on the fly to clean your lens.
The Dye C7 Jersey is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
shocker sft 04
custom color green to black fade
halo b w/rip
This is a nice jersey it is light weight looks cool has pading comes in alot of colors and it is not hot at all it keeps you cool as the day goes on also you can get a custom one with ur name on it if you want for some extra money.This is a nice dye c7 jersey so just buy it.
Freak barrel set
HALO B RIP w/ V35
PMI 45ci/3000psi tank w/ DYE C7 cover
Sizes are a little odd
Pretty much everything is great about this jersey. The DyeTack on the front of the shoulders is nice, but its most effective if you have one of the C7 air tank covers with the same stuff on the back. Plenty of venting keeps you reasonably cool, considering the thickness of the fabric.
The cuffs are a little weird, though. Not BAD by any means, but just strange. They're elastic, but still tight enough I have to take my gloves off to take the jersey off. They're also just the right length to get hung up on the front of Dye's core elbow pads. Its an easy fix (I just rolled the front of my pads back), but you'd think DYE would notice something like that.
Great Jersey overall. It looks good and covers what it needs to cover. DYE might want to rethink their cuff design for the next version, though.
Various BDUs (for cooler weather).
Ultra-thin Realtree hunting outfit (for the hot weather).
Proto Matrix 2006
Empire Reloader B
Powerlyte Scepter barrel kit
Offers good protection yet lets the breezes in to cool you.
For hot weather, this is not as thin as other jerseys.
I was buying paint at Fox4 when these limited-edition jerseys came in the door. I wasn't planning to buy a jersey, but the Skull camo colorway looked sweet so I bought one on the spot.
There is padding in the elbows, forearms, and shoulders. There is tacky grip on the front of the shoulders. There are cooling meshes in various places as well. And a small pocket in the sleeve with a cheater rag. ;)
The jersey is quite protective. I've had many shoulder bounces because of the padding. And if you turn sideways to the breeze, it blows right through you.
But the jersey is double-layered, so it seems a bit heavy compared to the single-layer thin ones. But it's very comfortable.
It's a matter of personal preference. I find it very comfortable, and pretty cool given the protection it gives you.
Tippmann A-5 w/ E-Grip and LPK
JCS Duel Trigger and APE Rampage board
10" Dye Ultralite barrel
Ricochet R5 hopper
Dead-On Products alloy firing can and Delrin front bolt
TechT Vortex/Lightning Rod Cyclone feed mods
Opsgear G36 folding stock
Special Ops MP Air-Thru magazine with Core PMI remote
70CI 4500PSI Dye Throttle HPA tank
Stylist design and nice materials
Built-in goggle cloth
Narrow wrist cuffs
Simply put, the C7 is the pinnacle of current speedball jersey design. The engineering is superb. It is padded in all the right places and vented in all the right places. Its fit is tailored to be comfortable and nonrestrictive at every point. It even has a built-in microfiber cloth for your goggles! If your team wears these, they will blow people away just with the stylish looks. These things have 3D graphics and piping. You will have to practice hard just to be worthy of looking this pimp!
With an item this close to perfect, it's almost a shame to nitpick. The cut of the C7 jersey compared to the previous C5 and C6 jerseys is rather brief both in sleeve and torso length, so if you wear longer than a 34" sleeve or have a very long torso, you night consider going up one size. Also, the wrist cuffs are very thin in width compared to last year's model, for some inexplicable reason. It's not really a bad thing, but I liked the old style better...
Yes, it is expensive, but so are a lot of other paintball jerseys that aren't this nice.
With the above points noted, I consider the C7 jersey (almost) worth every penny.
Viewloader eVolution II
Pure Energy 48ci/3000psi
New Designz Ultra-Lite On/Off Rail/ASA combo
None really, except if you have sensitive skin - wear shirt underneath
Well overall this is a very nice jersey, its comfortable, and is well ventilated to keep you cool. the designs are stunning, they look VERY cool. nice padding on elbows and shoulders. Also, there are rubber grips around the shoulder area and at the elbow area to help grip onto your tank. The price is decent..i got mine for $65
As an added bonus, there is a micro fiber cloth for cleaning built into the left sleeve near the cuff. At first I thought it was a pocket for holding something thought, but then I thought to myself...who would hold an item at the lower end of the sleeve?
The only downside, though its not really a downside, is that you may need to wear a shirt underneath, the seams on the inside can become scratchy. But then again, it makes sense to wear an undershirt...come on...protects you more...
Very nice, good ventilation, great looks. I'd recommend this to anyone.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, February 11th, 2007 at 8:21 pm PST
Proto Matrix Rail
Empire Fuel HP 71/4500
LITTLE rough around the edges
Price (You get what you pay for, but still slightly)
First off this jersey looks stunning. I paid premium for it but it's definitely worth it.
Materials used were very high quality although I feel like SOME parts of the shirts were a little rough in terms of finishing and stitching. The main part of the shirt is kind of like a nylon material. I expected it to be a soft polyester, but this is good, gives you more protection. I also got a lot of bounces from this jersey. We were playing 3 on 3, and I got two guys trying to bunker me. I got about 5 shots to the stomach but they all bounced.
This jersey has some tack on the chest so your gun doesn't slide off your body. Not a HUGE difference like I expected but it helps.
It's very light and breathable, but same weakness as the C6, if you get shot in the ribs, it will HURT because it's thin breathing material.
Padding is pretty nice. I'd still wear elbow pads, but if you don't have any, these are still much better than regular clothes.
You can really tell this product has been well thought out. It has a microfiber cloth in your left sleeve for cleaning your lenses which is nice although it's a little hard to use because it's about 3 inches from your sleeve, and it's not a big peice of cloth, so you have to kinda bend your arm in a funny way to use it. I don't see myself using it a lot but it's nice to have.
Also I know a lot of you guys order online and have problems with sizing. Dye stuff is a little bigger than regular clothing IMO. I'm normally a M-L, so I thought I'd go with a gray XXL but they only had L. I settled for a blue XL and it's definitely baggy enough. Although I should've been getting an XXL because you want about 2 sizes larger than what you usually wear. I wear a L most of the time.
I would definitely recommend it if you have the money. You get what you paid for. This product gets a 9 because I feel like it's great but not perfect.