Dye i4 Thermal Goggles have the smallest, lightest, lowest profile and best field of vision available.
* THE i4 RAPID LENS CHANGE SYSTEM - The i4 has a revolutionary patent pending rapid lens changing system that allows you to change lenses in under 10 seconds. It is the quickest and easiest lens changing system in the sport today. The unique design of two tabs allows you to remove the current lens and replace or clean it with ease. Simply push on each interior tab arm, slide them forward and the lens is free to be removed. Insert the new lens and pull both tabs back to securely lock the lens in place. No separate parts to take off, no extra pieces in your hand.
* 290 DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL AND PERIPHERAL VISION - The i4 offers more vertical and horizontal peripheral vision than any other mask system on the market today. Clear unobstructed vision both up and down allows you to clearly see all of the field details without constantly moving your head. Movement is much easier to recognize and provides a clear visual advantage. This is also combined with the optically correct tirodial impact lens that provides optical clarity and sharpness while protecting your eyes.
* CO-MOLDED SOFT LOW PROFILE MASK - Designed with the Professional in mind, the i4 goggle system provides you comfort, rigidity and lightweight protection with the one piece, dual injected mask. The comfortable, ergonomic, low profile mask not only allows you to sight closer to your marker, but also allows freedom of movement with its lightweight design. The small, compact, lightweight design of the i4 will almost allow you to forget you are even wearing a mask at all.
* SOFT, LIGHTWEIGHT EAR PROTECTION - The sleek, light, low profile soft compression ear pads provide the protection you need while offering style and hearing clarity. Ear protection is important and the i4 provides it while not being obstructive, bulky or heavy. Additionally, the i4 ear pieces are backed with a Cool Max® liner that wicks sweat away while providing comfort and keeping your ears cool.
* COMFORTABLE ANATOMIC MASK FIT - The anatomically correct i4 mask system offers the best in comfort for all facial contours. Designed with the ultimate comfort in mind, the i4 mask is the latest in anatomical facial fit and is supported by its lightweight construction. The i4 is also tested at twice the current impact ASTM standards. The i4 is built for comfort and built to last.
* RETENTION STRAP - The i4 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. This sure lock feature is made possible by the woven rubber that is in the strap material itself. Unlike silicone that eventually breaks down and peels off, the elasticity of our rubber straps will out last the competition. The i4 is designed to fit your head and stay that way.
* EXTREME MULTI-DIRECTIONAL VENTING - One of the i4’s greatest features is the Multi-Directional Venting. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the i4 Multi-Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless. This unique patented design drastically reduces re-ventilated fogging and will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field.
* 20% LIGHTER THAN PREVIOUS i3 PRO GOGGLE SYSTEM - Now one of the lightest goggles on the market. In professional paintball, lightweight is crucial to performance. The less your equipment weighs, the better you can perform and focus on the game. We’ve reduced the overall weight by 20%, giving you every possible edge.
* UPGRADED WITH A HIGH DEFINITION THERMAL LENS - The i4 comes equipped with Dye's enhanced High Definition Lens, providing optimal lens clarity in any weather situation. The high contrast tint greatly increases your visual perception and helps with distinguishing various colors on the field. The scratch resistant coating protects both sides of the lens against scratches and minor abrasions. The High Definition Lens has a unique UV protective coating, offering you exceptional UV protection. In the sport of paintball, optimizing your vision to the targeted environment is critical; our Lens helps you achieve that clarity.
The Dye i4 Invision Pro Mask is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used.
Fogging, Price, no sun visor makes sunny days hard,
i got this maskt to replace my aged Dye i3 mask and do not regret it. the field of vision you get with it is superb, and i do not have an issue with its face coverage. i am not saying that people won't have an issue with it, i am saying that I do not have an issue with it.
my voice projects well, which is good for me when i am arguing with someone about something i dont know anything about, and i can hear well, which is good for me to hear when i should start arguing with someone.
the fogging issue relates to me as a player who wears glasses. playing in the pacific northwest during the winter, i find my glasses fog up significantly (13 seconds one game) if i do not give room under the mask to allow my breath to escape, meaning i cannot wear certain things as neck protection. i know people will say that "well i dont have that problem" but keep in mind that this problem only occurs in a cold wet environment. during the summers, when it is dry and warm, i dont have the problem.
the price was also a bit steep, but i always believed that if you were going to spend a lot of money on one piece of equipment, it might as well be the mask.
I would recommend this product to anyone who plays frequently enough. it is easy to maintain, and the vision it provides is worth the investment. if you can, buy this mask. if not, make sure you at least get something to protect your head
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, November 14th, 2011 at 5:29 am PST
Scott Hotshot: breathing just as good, not nearly as comfortable, loud
Vforce Pro Vantage: Breathes alright, comfortable
Vforce Grillz: Comfortable, good breathing, good visibility, echoes badly
CCI Phantom Stock Class
-Green/Silver Splash Anodizing
-Clear Acrylic Hardware
-10 round feed tube
CCI bucket changer
10-round feed tube
Milled metal trigger
Leland 12 grams
Ease of breathing
Size (for some)
"Divot" above the lens makes your forehead a target
I have no idea how I played paintball for so long without this mask. It is a truly incredible product which I will likely cherish for many years to come. It is NOT for everybody, but for me, it is perfect.
The mask comes well-packaged with a nice bag to prevent it from getting scratched. My mask was blue with the high-definition thermal amber lens, which is a must-own. Many people are turned off by the amber color which does not perform as well in bright sunlight, but I live in California and it hasn't been an issue for me. Everything has vibrant color through this lens and you will notice that everything is far crisper. It is easier to pick out minute movements and incoming paint through this lens than a simple clear thermal.
The vision is excellent laterally, and vertically is alright as well but not overly spectacular. A larger mask is really needed for absolute vertical vision, but it is never an issue for me unless I need to reach for one of my 10 round tubes when I'm running low and can't see where it is.
Breathing is like you are not wearing a mask at all. In fact, the whole mask is like not having a mask at all. No breathing resistance that is noticeable. If it weren't for the amber tint, I'd never know it was on until I spoke. Speaking of which, the mask echoes and reverberates when you yell very loudly. This is my biggest complaint as I have to be very vocal while playing stock-class. It doesn't really echo that bad, but it amplifies your voice, which can be disorienting at times.
This mask is inexplicably comfortable. The soft, spongy foam conforms to your face and fits like no other mask. No jiggling at all. The range of adjustment on the band is also quite wide, but I wear it at its tightest because of my small head. In fact, the size of the mask is one of the reasons I was drawn to it. The frontal profile is like a razor blade. Playing against someone with this mask, a shot to the mask is not quite as viable; it is a small target to hit. Surprisingly, the mask doesn't compromise size for safety; the bottom is flexible, but not overly so like the JT Proflex. The earpieces are also very soft, but substantial, covering the whole ear and then some. The problem comes in the form of a divot above the lens. Although less pronounced than the Vforce Grillz, it still raises a red-flag. Play with a well-cushioned headband. And, if you are have a big head, speaking will expose your jawline and mouth. Ouch.
Construction seems solid. All the components are sturdy and high-quality. I did have to hot-glue a small bit on the edge of the upper foam that had started to lift after a particularly steamy day, but the problem has not occurred again.
The lens selection is also superb. The Dyetanium and HD lenses are worth looking in to, and they will change your opinion on thermal lenses. NO FOGGING. EVER. Hot or cold, humid or dry, the lenses won't fog unless you blow a hot breath onto them on purpose. Many people were irked by the fact that this small mask couldn't fit Dye's superb I3 fan, but it just doesn't need it.
The mask is also very cool. Ventilation is superb. The venting is cleverly designed so that, in the event of a mask shot, paint doesn't permeate every nook and cranny. Lots of venting and baffling is provided and the foam breathes well. Plus, because the mask doesn't cover everything and the kitchen sink, circulation is brilliant.
This is the single greatest mask I have ever used. If you are a big guy or you're squeamish, don't get this mask; it is a mask for hardcore players who don't mind an occasional hard hit to the jaw, neck or forehead. But if you value supreme comfort, style, performance and practicality, this is the mask for you.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Sunday, September 23rd, 2012 at 7:20 pm PST
Dye Pro i3's
Standard Tippmann mask (Which is junk)
JT Full head shield
Invert mini w/ dye rotor and invert nightstick but as soon as tomorrow it will be
Super light, Looks amazing,Doesn't fog much, Durabilty
Fogs up rarely, Not compatible for bigger heads, rain gets in through vents
I got the i4's at my pro-shop at my local field awhile ago, I got liquid olive (because they're tight) and I bought a Chrome mirror lens on it which works amazing. I was super suprised how fast the lens actually came out. When I first wore it in a game I felt like I was born to wear this mask and I probably wasn't even paying much attention to the game itself I was too busy thinking about my sexy new mask, but the fourth game I got nailed right in the jaw, wasn't a big fan of that.
Lighter than any other masks on the market
Best looking mask (In my opinion)
Super Fast Lens changing
Not catering to bigger heads which leaves important exposure to flying paintballs
If playing in the rain it can go through the vents and some say it can warp the lens, but it hasnt happened to me...yet.
The i4's are a one of a kind mask, if you have a smaller head and want a top of the line mask get this one! Heck, even if you've got a bigger head and love these bad-boys... GET THEM!
I would give it 11 stars, but I can only do 10.
I have used the V-Force Profiler thermal mask- blue and a JT QLS Reaper mask- black.
The V-Force's lens was quite great because of the thermal lenses and great vision. The JT's lens actually were good also because the lenses were easily removable. But when I got the Dye i4 mask, it surpassed my expectations.
I have an EGO 07 marker that works great with my mask, empire pants, Halo B hopper, and Planet Eclipse 10 jersey.
The mask is in the highest quality of masks. If your into to paintball and need some grade A gear, this is for you. The mask is a fit that is great and a peripheral masterpiece that can help in the struggle of paintball. The first time I used I was stunned at the start at the reliability of it.
This is a product that if you have the chance, get it! I have used about 4 different masks, but this one rises above all ranks in paintball. It is top quality performance at a high price, but is worth it.
Even brass eagle and java 10 years ago.
Dp fusion Fx and a closer virtued
Sly carbon fiber barrel/ ultralite
Field of view
Limited protection around the lower jaw and through
I tried on the i4 at my local proshop and got my own right away. It's hugs your face so close and your vision is amazing compared to the old i3 . It's got great looks and feel and is priced right, at around 100$ you get what you pay for. It's got a bunch of different lenses you can swap out even a hi deff lens. The only thing I dislike a little is the lack of protection around the jaw line, altho that's why it fits so nice. All in all I won't be needing a new mask for quite a while
Great mask great buy great vision great looks. Could be a little longer to cover your jaw fully
Smaller(Good For Me)
Ease of Lens Change
None For Me...
Maybe To Small For Others
My first impression is indeed WOW!! I have a small head and more narrow face for a 30 year old and have been very unhappy with previous masks I have used due to them being designed for a little bit larger adult but as soon as I put these on I could tell I will not have to look for a new mask again!!!! As others have said they don't cover too well on their faces but for me it is perfect, so if you a smaller guy or girl I HIGHLY recommend these!!! Great side to side vision and the amber lens is way freaking clear. The soft ears are also nice, not the softest I have felt but have good coverage and still very comfortable. I have also seen people comment that these don't breath very well but I can say with out a dought that they have more than enough venting and are far superior than any masks I have used if you have trouble with these you may want to quit smoking....Also the lens change or cleaning is super easy/fast. No tools needed just a clip on each side to push in and foward and slide the lens out....clean or put new in and then pull back on the straps to lock clips back into place and your done. Takes about 30 sec to change after you do it once A+ for sure!!!
Great Product....I highly recomend this mask for smaller guys or girls looking for a less cumbersome mask that actually fits snuggly I love this mask and probaly won't have to buy another mask for a long time but if I do it'll be another I4!!!!
10 out of 10
Last edited on Saturday, November 6th, 2010 at 11:59 am PST
Vforce profiler, JT Pro-flex, Empire Events, Vforce Grill, JT Alpha.
Fusion Fx blue/silver with dealy winds carbon fibur barrel. With Dye Rotor white camo, DXS Draxus carbon fiber 68/4500 HPA tank.
Low profile, light, looks amazing, soft ears, lens comes out easy.
I love my Dye I4, it is the best mask i have ever used. I have the white camo one with the smoke lens and it looks incredibale. Very small fits around my face very well. Perfect forplayers that need to play low and small. The lens is very easy to take out, once you know what youre doing, it couldnt be easier.
I recomend this mask to all tournement players, it might not be a great fit for really big players, but i love it.
I recently bought this mask as a local shop and after hearing the only good things about it, decided to try it on. I was sold. I am 6'8", 275 lbs...this fits almost perfectly. No complaints whatsoever other than my chin does stick out a little.
The vision within this mask is superb. I had no trouble seeing everything on the field. Had no fogging, no glares...everything went as I would hoped. Dye makes fantastic products.
The weight is almost nothing. I forget it is on my face sometimes.
It is eincredibly easy to change out lenses which is a huge step up form the i3 pro. Vfofrce had this dialed in as does Dye now.
I would highly recommen this mask to anyone looking to have quality and assurance between them and paint. Try it on first though. They certainly aren't made for everyone.
-Insanely COOL LOOKING
-VERY wide field of vision
None what so ever!!!
THIS MASK ROCKS!!!!!!!! It is so light I sometimes forget I am wearing it. And it is VERY durable. If you don't believe me check out this vid:
It never fogs, even in 90% humidity, while it is raining, on a 105 degree day> (I live in OK) One, of the best thing about the mask is how awesome it looks. NONE of the pictures on the internet can do it justice!!! I have the Black/Gold version and it looks SICK in person!!!!
The only thing I will say is that, if you are over 6 foot tall and weigh more then 200 lbs this mask might be a little on the small side for you. (but, hey it is extremely light)
Best mask out on the market!!!!!! (IMO better then the Angel mask)
I got a blue dye i4 on ebay for 70 bucks(so shop there). I got the mask and it was in good condition. Later I bought a silver mirror lens, couldnt be more happy with it keeps glare down and has a sweet mirror finish. The mask itself is verry light and is very low profile so I can look down my sights when playing woodsball.
The downside to the mask is the lack of protection on the neck and lower jaw but I have yet to be shot in the head.
Over all I think this mask is worth 120 dollars new but if u go to ebay you can get a steal. I am happy with it and i beive it deserves a 10.5 out of 10