Dye i4 Thermal Goggles have the smallest, lightest, lowest profile and best field of vision available.
* THE i4 RAPID LENS CHANGE SYSTEM - The i4 has a revolutionary patent pending rapid lens changing system that allows you to change lenses in under 10 seconds. It is the quickest and easiest lens changing system in the sport today. The unique design of two tabs allows you to remove the current lens and replace or clean it with ease. Simply push on each interior tab arm, slide them forward and the lens is free to be removed. Insert the new lens and pull both tabs back to securely lock the lens in place. No separate parts to take off, no extra pieces in your hand.
* 290 DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL AND PERIPHERAL VISION - The i4 offers more vertical and horizontal peripheral vision than any other mask system on the market today. Clear unobstructed vision both up and down allows you to clearly see all of the field details without constantly moving your head. Movement is much easier to recognize and provides a clear visual advantage. This is also combined with the optically correct tirodial impact lens that provides optical clarity and sharpness while protecting your eyes.
* CO-MOLDED SOFT LOW PROFILE MASK - Designed with the Professional in mind, the i4 goggle system provides you comfort, rigidity and lightweight protection with the one piece, dual injected mask. The comfortable, ergonomic, low profile mask not only allows you to sight closer to your marker, but also allows freedom of movement with its lightweight design. The small, compact, lightweight design of the i4 will almost allow you to forget you are even wearing a mask at all.
* SOFT, LIGHTWEIGHT EAR PROTECTION - The sleek, light, low profile soft compression ear pads provide the protection you need while offering style and hearing clarity. Ear protection is important and the i4 provides it while not being obstructive, bulky or heavy. Additionally, the i4 ear pieces are backed with a Cool Max® liner that wicks sweat away while providing comfort and keeping your ears cool.
* COMFORTABLE ANATOMIC MASK FIT - The anatomically correct i4 mask system offers the best in comfort for all facial contours. Designed with the ultimate comfort in mind, the i4 mask is the latest in anatomical facial fit and is supported by its lightweight construction. The i4 is also tested at twice the current impact ASTM standards. The i4 is built for comfort and built to last.
* RETENTION STRAP - The i4 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. This sure lock feature is made possible by the woven rubber that is in the strap material itself. Unlike silicone that eventually breaks down and peels off, the elasticity of our rubber straps will out last the competition. The i4 is designed to fit your head and stay that way.
* EXTREME MULTI-DIRECTIONAL VENTING - One of the i4’s greatest features is the Multi-Directional Venting. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the i4 Multi-Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless. This unique patented design drastically reduces re-ventilated fogging and will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field.
* 20% LIGHTER THAN PREVIOUS i3 PRO GOGGLE SYSTEM - Now one of the lightest goggles on the market. In professional paintball, lightweight is crucial to performance. The less your equipment weighs, the better you can perform and focus on the game. We’ve reduced the overall weight by 20%, giving you every possible edge.
* UPGRADED WITH A HIGH DEFINITION THERMAL LENS - The i4 comes equipped with Dye's enhanced High Definition Lens, providing optimal lens clarity in any weather situation. The high contrast tint greatly increases your visual perception and helps with distinguishing various colors on the field. The scratch resistant coating protects both sides of the lens against scratches and minor abrasions. The High Definition Lens has a unique UV protective coating, offering you exceptional UV protection. In the sport of paintball, optimizing your vision to the targeted environment is critical; our Lens helps you achieve that clarity.
The Dye i4 Invision Pro Mask is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used.
planet eclipse nexus auto cocker,halo reloader b with v-35 board, guerrlla tank, freak barrel kit.
Really light, low profile but not to low, amazing vision, extremely comfy.
None that i can see so far.
Wow I ordered these goggles on monday. I used the regular economy shipping and it came next day! The first thing that i noticed when i opened up the box is the the mask is very well protected. The last mask that i ordered came off of its stand and got damaged in shipping. When i first started to size the mask i noticed that the stap stays in that place when you put in on. And also the mask seems very well put together and i love how easy cleanup is.
If any of my friends asked me about this mask i would definitly recommend it.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, June 28th, 2010 at 12:15 pm PST
03 sft shocker, rotar, guerilla tank 68-4500, stiffi barrel system
Visibility, Breathability, and weight
None so far
I bought this maks when it first came out over a year ago. I bought the Red/black version and ahve been using it ever since. I have used in in psp indoor outdoor, woods, and including Rain. So far ihave not had anything go wrong. The only thing i have found i dont like is the Dyetanium lenses are very dark and i dont like the dark visibility. Although they do look awesome with this lens in. The mask is light weight and easy to adjust. I have a large head and i have not had much for problems, and if you keep your chin down when you shooot you dont get shot in throat. Wear a sandana or hat and you can also prevent it if it bothers you that much.
I would recomend this product to anyone i play with. The Stock lens in it is priceless i love it and it helps me see better.
Flatline or Nightstick Barrel (Depends on game type)
68cu Compressed Air Tank
Rufus Dawg Wicked Bolt and Powertube
Doesn't hurt my ears
Low cut on forehead
Lens does get scratched
I like this mask a lot. The fact that it has never fogged up on me is worth it alone, but it's light and is much cooler tempature wise then other masks. It's also very comfortable and often times doesn't even feel like it's there. I like the amber/yellow HD lens as it really does highlight depth making it easier to see people moving through the woods.
I don't know about other people but I get shot in the forehead alot and this mask is low cut and it def hurts when you take a couple right above the mask. I just bought a headband yesterday so next time I play I'll know if that helps. The lens did seem to get a few scratches on it but from what I hear they are easy to replace and they are available everywhere paintball stuff is sold. I've had mine for about 6 months and the scartchs don't effect my play at all but this is a review and it's something I noticed. I don't think any other goggles would have scratched any less in the same situations.
Good mask if your willing to spend the money to pay for a good mask that won't fog up.
-HD Vision (on the Gold one like I have)
My review on the Mask is that is that this mask is THE best mask i have ever owned . its comfie on your'e face and when you play its light and low Profile he only bad thing about this mask is that it is very small and that it is REALLY Pricey , If you know that you are going to stay in paintball for a ery long time , Well then this is your mask .
In conclusion I think if you have enough money for this mask go fo it and buy it because it is worth every cent
Dye NT w/ Virtue Redefined board, Dye Rotor, 4500psi 1.1l Pure Energy Tank
DM8, Dye Rotor, 4500psi 1.1l Pure Energy Tank
Very clear wide lens
Very small on the face
Nose glare (explained)
Very good set of goggles, which I've used to reff a few games when I forgot my own pair. The "HD" Lens that comes with them is very clear and doesn't fog with ease, (as you'd expect for an expensive pair of goggles...) and as with all yellow tint lens' it does make your eyes slightly more alert to movement. (there's a science-y explanation behind it, something to do with the way your eye receives certain colours of light).
The lens is also very wide and spacious. Only issue I had with the lens was that because of the way the frame is shaped you can see a reflection of it around the nose area. (I'm not sure if this is just an issue with the WHITE set which was what I used.). When you're not really paying attention to it you kinda don't see it. It's mostly just when you're trying to look at it.
The only thing that has stopped me buying a pair of these myself is that they are a VERY small pair of goggles. Most of my jaw on the sides of my face hangs out of them. My chin and mouth etc is very well covered, even if the frame is a little close to the face.
These aren't goggles you want to buy unless you have a very small face. I'd recommend trying a pair on before committing. It's a shame dye haven't come up with some kind of extra kit you can buy to lengthen the sides. Lets hope they don't make the same mistake with the I5's.
A very hgih quality set of goggles otherwise. In my time using them I had no issues other than my large face.
First be warned, that this mask is very small. I have what would fall within the range of a normal sized head, and most of the bottom of my jaw is exposed when my mouth is closed.
Other than that, if you have a small head you can't go wrong. If you can, try these on before you buy them to make sure they will protect everything.
Im rating this lower because it really is only for smaller heads, and advertising as low profile doesn't quite capture how small it really is.
I use mirror lenses with my white Dye i4's, and everything works great! Some people say the profile is too low, and some say it exposes their chin. Well, I have a small head and I have the googles in a different position than most. I have them lower on my face and that fixes th problem!
You can't go wrong buying the Dye i4's. Just make sure you get any color except for olive! :)
Angel A1 Gloss Black..
Empire Magna Loader
Cross fire LP 68/45 Carbon Fiber tank
Very tight to face
Great all around vision
sits well around nose area
If you have a big head you can be easily hit in jaw or chin
When I first got the mask I could not believe how small it is. With its tight feel around the face it makes it seem like you're not sticking ur mask out to far to see around a bunker. The soft ears are very comfortable and fit close to your ears also.
June 28/09..... Just tried the mask out today.....I was a little nervous about how small the mask was ...when I was play all fears went away. Felt really nice on while playing; and it seem you can keep your marker closer to your face....I did get a shot in the neck but I would have gotten hit there even with my Proto FS Switch.. anyways glad now that I got the I4..Once again try on before you buy..and if it fits you will love it
I would certainly recommend this mask for anyone. You must try one on first so that you can see what type of coverage you get. I found also when your playing and you are looking down your marker you really don't have that much of you jaw area showing. Honestly unless u are bunkers directly from the side or you pop your head up like a gopher you will get one on the chin or jaw line..
8 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, June 29th, 2009 at 1:58 pm PST
Ok first off when people say this mask is small they mean it. This is without a doubt the smallest lightest mask i've ever put on. As soon as i opened the box, which took me a few seconds to figure out I knew this was the mask for me. Even without trying it on. Sometimes you just know.
The mask fits great. Its quite comfortable, breaths perfectly, and has amazing vision. I couldn't barely even tell I had them on as far as vision was concerned.
Now I don't have a big head but my head isn't tiny either. The biggest downfall to this mask is the fact it is so small. There is no neck protection at all almost no jawline protection. If you open your mouth your jaw will be exposed. But i had that on my JT Proteus goggles as well. And I was never once shot in the neck or chin.
The other big downfall is that there is absolutely no forehead protection. Now i haven't been shot there while wearing these goggles yet but i'm sure i will be as i've taken shots there before. All i can say is wear a bandanna or something. Wont help a lot but at least it'll keep the paint out of your hair. Should dye ever come out with a visor for these i'll probably purchase it.
Oh the foam around the lens itself is perfectly place. no bunching or anything. And though the lens can be changed quickly it takes a bit of practice to figure out the best way to do it. It by no means just drops out of the mask.
Glad I bought them but I can easily see they are not for everyone. Unless you know you like small goggles try them on before you buy them.