Dye i4 Thermal Goggles have the smallest, lightest, lowest profile and best field of vision available.
* THE i4 RAPID LENS CHANGE SYSTEM - The i4 has a revolutionary patent pending rapid lens changing system that allows you to change lenses in under 10 seconds. It is the quickest and easiest lens changing system in the sport today. The unique design of two tabs allows you to remove the current lens and replace or clean it with ease. Simply push on each interior tab arm, slide them forward and the lens is free to be removed. Insert the new lens and pull both tabs back to securely lock the lens in place. No separate parts to take off, no extra pieces in your hand.
* 290 DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL AND PERIPHERAL VISION - The i4 offers more vertical and horizontal peripheral vision than any other mask system on the market today. Clear unobstructed vision both up and down allows you to clearly see all of the field details without constantly moving your head. Movement is much easier to recognize and provides a clear visual advantage. This is also combined with the optically correct tirodial impact lens that provides optical clarity and sharpness while protecting your eyes.
* CO-MOLDED SOFT LOW PROFILE MASK - Designed with the Professional in mind, the i4 goggle system provides you comfort, rigidity and lightweight protection with the one piece, dual injected mask. The comfortable, ergonomic, low profile mask not only allows you to sight closer to your marker, but also allows freedom of movement with its lightweight design. The small, compact, lightweight design of the i4 will almost allow you to forget you are even wearing a mask at all.
* SOFT, LIGHTWEIGHT EAR PROTECTION - The sleek, light, low profile soft compression ear pads provide the protection you need while offering style and hearing clarity. Ear protection is important and the i4 provides it while not being obstructive, bulky or heavy. Additionally, the i4 ear pieces are backed with a Cool Max® liner that wicks sweat away while providing comfort and keeping your ears cool.
* COMFORTABLE ANATOMIC MASK FIT - The anatomically correct i4 mask system offers the best in comfort for all facial contours. Designed with the ultimate comfort in mind, the i4 mask is the latest in anatomical facial fit and is supported by its lightweight construction. The i4 is also tested at twice the current impact ASTM standards. The i4 is built for comfort and built to last.
* RETENTION STRAP - The i4 retention strap system needs to be adjusted once and once only. This sure lock feature is made possible by the woven rubber that is in the strap material itself. Unlike silicone that eventually breaks down and peels off, the elasticity of our rubber straps will out last the competition. The i4 is designed to fit your head and stay that way.
* EXTREME MULTI-DIRECTIONAL VENTING - One of the i4’s greatest features is the Multi-Directional Venting. Utilizing precise blade angling and a proven venting configuration, the i4 Multi-Directional Venting will make communication with your teammates effortless. This unique patented design drastically reduces re-ventilated fogging and will throw your voice farther and clearer than any other vented mask on the field.
* 20% LIGHTER THAN PREVIOUS i3 PRO GOGGLE SYSTEM - Now one of the lightest goggles on the market. In professional paintball, lightweight is crucial to performance. The less your equipment weighs, the better you can perform and focus on the game. We’ve reduced the overall weight by 20%, giving you every possible edge.
* UPGRADED WITH A HIGH DEFINITION THERMAL LENS - The i4 comes equipped with Dye's enhanced High Definition Lens, providing optimal lens clarity in any weather situation. The high contrast tint greatly increases your visual perception and helps with distinguishing various colors on the field. The scratch resistant coating protects both sides of the lens against scratches and minor abrasions. The High Definition Lens has a unique UV protective coating, offering you exceptional UV protection. In the sport of paintball, optimizing your vision to the targeted environment is critical; our Lens helps you achieve that clarity.
The Dye i4 Invision Pro Mask is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used. Check out the Places to Buy links below for places to purchase it new.
Dye Invision 3
Bunch of other things...
Infinity legend + Worlock board
68 Cu Max flo
Ropes of paint? No, they're not part of the set up.
Tight, reduces profile
Quick change lenses
Crap ear protection
Cant hear well.
Its a pretty sick mask and I would imagine if tightening up your profile is currently part of your prerogative than this is probably one of the best options of you. Its well prices as well and comes with a sick HD lens, IDK if it is stock or what I just remember the guy I mail ordered it from telling me it came with it sounding a bit like he was doing me a favor.
Quick change lens system worked really well. Fan of this one.
Gotta say that That hit in the ear bloody hurt, and because of that and the sound issues I am going give it a 8. Really cool mask though.
Tight, awesome in gun fights. I can sit next to the stream of paint listening to it wizz by my ear and lean into it, I felt much more confident and was able to press in more effectively with these goggles. I felt they made my overall profile smaller and thus I was able to work my way into them.
The ear piece is kind of... well I don't like it, when it was raining it sounded a bit like i was at the ocean, and once you notice it you really notice it. Plus last week cause of a weak call by a team mate I ran through to light someone up in the back left only to find someone still alive with his tent pitched to shoot me 10 times... Incidentally he hit me in the ear which I have to say was the worst paint ball hit i have had in 6 years of playing. My ear was ringing for about a minute after. I keep playing with hit just hoping that I don't get hit that close in the ear again.
Buy it if your serious about reducing the size of your profile.
If you don't mind getting deaf and not really hearing people.
Quick change lenses deserve a mention to, I like them.
invert mini: 2 peice cp barrel, pure energy 45/4500, EGG3
Lens visibility lightness breathablity covers face
It doesnt cover everything: forehead and throat.
I got this on Christmas and they are very easy to see through. The lens that you get with them (thermal) are amazing. The quick change lens is super easy to do. You pop back one little thing next to the ear and pull back on both sides and voila! It is super easy to breath out of them too! They are ridiculously light. The only negative is its protection. They lack the protection of the chin/throat and forehead. I am not sure but they may have now a visor. But seeings that you get shot in the head the most, that lackage of protection doesn't make you feel good when you are hit in the forehead. But you can get those turtlecaps from which I heard are pretty good. And you can get the throat protecting wrap. Other than that, its a great pair of goggles! Go get your self a pair!
Good visibility, light, easy to breath, and the lens are amazing! The only draw back is the lacking of protectioin of the forehead and chin. Great set of goggles!
The accuracy of this review is disputed. Please see discussion on the comments page.
Period of Product Use:
11 of 24 people found this review helpful.
More than 5 years
Similar Products Used:
Ego-08...Stiffi 16" Rotor Loader
Light-Comfortable-Field of Vision
Horrible Constrution-not built for rainy weather.
I have always been a fan of Dye products- They do make durable products; however, the I4 Goggles was far from that. Just to let everyone know I did read the care maintance part of the manual and understood what I doing.
When I first played with it everything was fine...no problems-it was comfortable and light. One day, I was in the field and it started to rain...I thought I could get at least 3 more games...whigh I did. Anyway, I took my equiptment home and let it out to dry. I did nothing else to it. The next day, I notice my I4 goggles were all fogged up. I look inside to see that the internal lens were warped. I took the lens out and found out that the glue that holds the sponge inside was coming off. I've only used these goggles twice. On a sunny day, heck, I think anything would work fine. But on some wet days...be careful. To me, the goggles can not take it.
If Dye are going to sell these for 100+, they need look into using better (more sturdy) materials. I still continue to believe in Dye products but at least I can tell the rest of my teamates that this is one product to wait for an improvement.
Will expose chin for most people
Will expose forehead
This mask right out of the box is very nice and you can tell is a very high quality product. It fits very nice and snug. The vision on this is very nice as you are able to see everything. It is very well ventalated and never once fogged up on me. Taking out the lens was very quick and easy witch is a plus when you are taking it apart to clean it out. On the down side, this mask is very small and will not fit those that have... larger than usual sized heads. Most people that I talk to or that I've seen try this on, usually have their chin sticking out the bottom or the sides of their lower jaw line exposed. There is no visor for those of you that like visors and there is no protection for your forehead.This can be solved by either using a hat or head wrap. And last, the way the vents are set up in front of your mouth, if you were to get shot there, you can expect to taste paint. They are straight up and not vented side ways so there will be a direct route to your mouth...
Overall, this is a pretty sweet mask. If you have the right sized head/face, some extra cash, don't mind tasting paint every now and then then this is the mask for you!
I use a SP1with a ,18'' evil barrel, double finger trigger, wire stock ,bipod, pure energy carbon fiber tank and a Dye Rotor. And stock proto 09 slg ul
Light, HD lens, low profile, looks, easy to took out lens.
Price and the breathing on the top of the mask.
The Dye i3's Dye got the lens almost right but it looked bad, with the i4's they have the lens and the look. I recommend this mask for smaller players because of how small it is, I would not recommend this mask for taller people because it would leave your chin open. But the i4's are awesome they never fog except when it rains, the lens come out so easy I enjoy cleaning my mask and the lens are good at night and day.
I recommend the i4 to smaller players, but hey that's what I think you like another mask that's you. Note dye is coming out with a new mold for the taller players.
10 out of 10
Last edited on Monday, April 13th, 2009 at 5:13 pm PST
SP1 with Blackheart Upgrade
Dye i4 Mask
Dye Rotor Hopper
Guerrilla Air Myth Tank
Great field of Vision
I have used several masks and goggles and had problems with fogging and vision. I used the i3 for about a year and half, fogging not bad the vision okay but changing the lens was unwelcomed task.
I really like the quality of the i3 so I decided to give the i4 a try since they were claiming an easy lens changing system. I played with it the first time this weekend in 20 to 40 degrees weather, never a hint of fogging of the lenses. The stock lens were great, I have a pair of clear as a back up. The low profile was outstanding, I rarely hit my marker or my shoulders and the vision was outstanding. I was able to see all around me without strain, it was great. At first I had my concerns with the low profile but after playing, I quickly realized that I dont play with my head sticking straight up during a battle, never got hit on the face. The band also stays tighter than the i3.
I highly recommend this mask, I am particular about my equipment and like for them to perform as expected and not be an hinderance.
This mask met and exceeded my expectation, it was never a concern during the whole weekend. I give it a nine because of cost.
Ears? Slightly uncomfortable... (for me just slightly), not cool looking...
This is a great goggle system. the lens are amazing the only thing you need is water to wash them off... you can see A LOT around you... the first time i used them they were perfect i could see everything... the ear covers are weird i think i have a big head because the first time i used them they were uncomfortable just a little. It is EXTREMELY EASY to remove the lens i love it. I don't like the look of it though, I've been trying to look for a smoke or mirror lens to see if it makes a difference in style..
Very good goggle system, i would recommended it to everyone...
Easy lens change system
Looks (thats just my opinion)
I was really psyched to get this mask because it looks super B.A. on the internet and it is way easier to change the lens than the i3. However I wasn't really impressed with its look in person, here's why:
the color (red) wasn't as dark as it looked
i hate the original lens, its shape isn't quite right
I did like how you change out the lens, its a little confusing at first but after the first time its pretty easy. The mask is super comfortable and you could play a whole day without taking it off.
i basically only got this mask based on its look over everything else
Well it weighs about the same as a Vents, similar look to the Vents so I would probably recommend saving some cash and ordering a vents
Empire E-Vents - White
V-Force Grillz - White
Dye i3 - Blue
V-Force Profiler - Blue
Warsenor Zeus G2+
Warsenor Zeus Quick Cap
Warsensor Zeus Holster
Smart Parts SP8
Smart Parts 20 Progressive Barrel
Smart Parts Adjustable Stock
Smart Parts Smoke Pro Touch Grip
Smart Parts Tactical Rails
UAG Tactical Retractable Bipod Grip
Virtue Blue Eyes
TechT L6 Bolt
New Designz Aluminum STreme Trigger
Generic Red Dot Scope
Worrgames 50ci 3000psi N2 Tank
Empire Reloader 2 Hopper
Smart Parts Epiphany - Gold!!!
Halo w/Rip Drive Hopper
Worrgames 50ci 3000psi N2 Tank
Very low profile
Quick Lens change
Too low profile
No visor/brow guard
I bought this as a X-Mas gift for my wife, and only so far tested it. I won't be actually playing until March, so this just an initial test.
The mask is super light. I barely felt it in my hands. Definitely forget about it during actually play. It's lighter than both my Grillz and E-Vents
The profile is so small. That's good for some, and bad for others. It works okay for my wife, but my head is too big lol. Most of my next is exposed, as well, as a lot of my chin. Some of my ear sticks out too.
The low forehead doesn't bother me, since the Grillz is the same way. Wife, however, is a little afraid of how much is exposed on my mask so this will bother her.
Very fast... slightly different than I'm use too, but I like it.
You can see everything. If you have tried any Vents/Empire or Profiler, it's somewhat like that. You should have no problem seeing.
No visor included as with other Invisions. There are some unused holes at top where I can see them adding options.
Overall, looks like Events and Grillz did the nasty, and out came this crazy new mask. Definitely check one out before getting it, as it may not be your style.
I wanted to post a review on it as soon as I got it in. It's not a complete review, especially since I wrapped it. The design will have to get use to for some. If you have a big head, maybe check one out before you decide.
As that I haven't had a chance to fully test it, I will have to give it an 9. I don't mind the head and neck exposure, but will have to dock a point there since it bothers some. I have to minus another point since its too small for the big heads. But I add a point back on for how light it is and how quick you can change the lens.
9 out of 10
Last edited on Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 at 11:01 am PST