The AM is intrinsically identical to the LT, but has an All Metal construction. The Frame, Eye Covers and Feedtube are all high-grade aluminium, just as you will find on the rest of the marker. All other components of the marker, such as bolt, rammer, barrel and circuit board are all the same and are 100% interchangeable between the LT and the AM.
The following features can be found on BOTH Etck3 models
* One-Piece Body � No more separate FRM. Like the Ego7 onwards, the FRM of the Etek3 is integrated into the body for reliability and robustness.
* Deftek Feed � Offset Feed. The feed is offset to one side by a small amount. This prevents the balls that tumble into the breech from bouncing excessively and causing breaks and chops.
* New Smaller Rammer Housing � Still using the proven Rammer Housing design from the Etek2, but in a much smaller package. This makes the whole rear bottom tube smaller and allows the gun to be more compact.
* Zick Kit � The Zick kit that became famous in the SL74 and carried through all 08 and 09 Ego production, can be found as standard in the Etek3. Helps reduce kick and softens the initial impact on the ball during loading
* Cure Bolt � Again carried over from the Ego range, the Etek3 now has a Cure bolt as standard, as well as a body-contoured cut at the rear so the bolt blends seamlessly into the marker body. The Cure bolt helps the Etek3 to shoot the most fragile of tournament grade paints without worry of breaks due to the bolt clipping paintballs in the feed stack.
* New Direct Mounted Solenoid. An all new moulded solenoid Minifold mounts the ever-faithful SMC solenoid directly to the marker body, directly adjacent to the rammer. There is now just a single hose taking the LP air from the LPR to the new Minifold. The new Minifold is filtered for added protection of the solenoid from debris.
* S3 Inline Regulator � Taken directly from the Ego10, the S3 regulator features a self-purging device to ensure that the valve chamber is left empty once the tank has been removed. Coil spring construction also means quick and simple maintenance with no washer or shim stack to loose or incorrectly assemble. It also has exceptional accuracy and recharge rates. The things that are essential for shot-to-shot consistency and accuracy at even high, sustained rates of fire.
* Adjustable LPR � With the same LPR found on the SL8r Ego, the Etek3 offers precise control of LPR pressure, without the risk of accidental over-pressurization of the solenoid or rammer.
* Fully Adjustable Trigger � The Trigger rides in a self-lubricating trigger holder that clips neatly into the frame. This, combined with the magnetic trigger return mechanism, creates a smooth, positive trigger feel. It is adjustable for fore and aft stop as well as magnetic return strength.
* 2-Piece Barrel � 14� 2-piece honed barrel with the distinct Eclipse Reverse Threading using the same interface as the Shaft2, Shaft3 and SL barrels, making the Etek3 barrel upgradeable with the Shaft3 Upgrade pack. 0.693� rear bore is standard.
* Break Beam Sensor System � Using the same components and software as the Ego BBSS system, the Etek3 ensures that the marker is excellent at preventing chopped balls in the breech. When enabled, the Etek3 will only fire once a ball has loaded into the breech. If the BBSS system sees any kind of fault, the software automatically overrides the system and the marker continues to fire at a greatly reduced rate.
* LED Board - 3 tru-color LED indicators. These 3 clever LEDs allow easy programming of all the user definable parameters by greatly simplifying the programming process. The top LED indicates 10s of units, the middle displays 1s and the bottom shows 0.1 increments.
* Programmable Fireing Modes � Etek3 has user definable settings for Dwell, Ball-in-Place, Eyes Off ROF, Cap ROF (uncapped in Semi 1), Debounce, and Firing Mode. As standard the Etek3 has the capability to be set to cover every tourney regulation.
* Soft Grips � The new Etek3 grips follow the same design as the Geo and Ego grips. Comfortable, slim, grippy and soft.
* OOPS � The Etek3 uses the same On/Off/Purge System (OOPS) as the Ego10. It is easy to maintain, easy to turn, and dumps the air from the marker when it is turned off. It mounts to the bottom of the Etek3 frames using the robust T-Rail slide system.
The Planet Eclipse Etek3 AM is newer, so it should be commonly available, both new and used. Check out the Places to Buy links below for places to purchase it new.
Alright, let me first start of by saying my experience with the gun and then I will give detailed pros and cons.
I bought this gun on Monday and it arived here on a Saturday morning. I went out that morning to my local paintball field with my gun still in the FedEx box. When I got to the field I opened the box for the first time. I slapped a loader full of paint on it and a tank full of air and walked to the chrono area. (I hadn't brought any batteries so I am very happy Planet Eclipse ships them with one) I turned on the gun and gave it a shot over the chrono. First shot: 297 fps, second shot 297 fps, third shot 297 fps, fourth shot 295 fps. Then I walked on to the speedball field adn played two or three games. My gun went from box to field without any programming in under 5 min and I was very pleased with the way it shot, it was smooth for a poppet and the trigger was extremely comfortable to walk without ANY adjustments. It ripped right out of the box!!! I went home and lubed the gun. (took about 3 min.) Since then I have shot over 20 cases through it and have NEVER had a poblem.
-The trigger is awesome. It is a micro-switch trigger with a real light sanppy feel. It is 3 point ajustable, nut fit me to my liking right out of the box.
-The reg is from the Ego 10 and is very consistent
-The LED lights have 8 different colors and are very easy to program. With programmable moder, ROF cap (eyes on or off) Debounce settings, dwell, BIP and a ton more.
-The barrel has a very lond control back so it is very accurate and consistent
-The lpr has a vent hole to help prevent solenoid damage if the gun overcharges.
-The oops on/offf ASA is probably one of my favorite features. It is real easy to degas your gun.
-The gun feels very good in my hands. It has rubbery grips and the macroline fitting swivels so you can shoot right hand or left hand w/o having to deal with the macroline fitting digging into your paw.
-The gun is super efficient. (I get 1600-1700shots off my 68/45)
-As previously stated my first 3 shots were 297fps and everytime I chrono it it is within 10 fps of 300fps.
-This gun is very simple you don't need to mess with it, it will shoot great out of the box and is as tough as nails. It is also highly upgradeable to the point of being an Ego 10 w/o a fancy paint job.
-Packaging is very nice. It comes with a metal zipper box with a HUGE parts kit (at least a 5 times rebuild) a nice color manual and a nice set of allen keys. The gun also comes with a battery and enough lube to last you well over 6 months.
-Like most poppets it is a little rough and loud, but it isn't bad. If you get the zick 2 and Techt hush then it will have almost no kick.
Summary: If you are trying to decide between an FX and a Etek 3 Lt, get the Etek 3 Lt it is a more simplistic gun and Planet Eclipse will never let you down
Overall it is a simple, easy to maintain, very fast, and consistent gun. It is the best $600 and certainly the best $500 gun ($500 for the LT). Get this gun you will not be dissapointed!!! :D
no drop off
i love the trigger.
seems to be efficient.
Stock barrel not perfect, but not bad
a bit on the heavier side, but acceptable
brough the marker home and was impressed with the packageing. everything was well organizied and fit perfectly. the gun itself is eye pleasing.
ok so I screw my 68/4500 crossfire into the asa and i hear psssst. no leakes :) bring out a case of old marballizer sitting around and proceed outside to my deck. I pull up a chair and load up the dye rotor. right out of the box the gun was shooting perfectly no issues. no matter how fast i walked the trigger it seemed to keep up quite easily (no drop off)
I filled the dye rotor 4 times approx 800 and had no breaks. and had 2100 left on my airtank. so im guessing maybe another 400-500 balls??? (*guessing)
I honestly truly cannot say anything bad about this marker. it eats up my mini, my 09pmr and definately shoots better than my pm8 i had.
I was a proto fan for many many years and swore by their products. I never wanted to try anything else. after seeing this marker and actually buying it and shooting it i fell in love. it shoots phenomenal and will keep up with almost any marker currently out today. the price seems a bit high, but you definately get what you pay for. this is my first planet eclipse marker and i think i wont be buying anything else from now on. highly reccomend this product to everyone