paintball

  Join pbreview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

  
Home     |      Paintball Articles     |      Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
pbReview.com / Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK / Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK / Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK

Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK Reviews

  Sponsored Links   

Discount Ricochet 2K

Buy Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK

Paintball Hoppers / Loaders

Paintball Hoppers

Paintball Clothing


Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK
[ View Photos (9) - Add Your Photo ]
Number of Reviews: 224
Average Rating: 9.0 / 10
Manufacturer Website: Click here
Suggested Retail Price: N/A

Manufacturer DescriptionSubscribe to Reviews on this Product - Edit this Product Listing
Features include: one button operation, low battery light, view window, deflection engineering, one way ball travel, 12 BPS, agitates with every ball fired, one 9 volt battery, and open lid lock.
Product Availability 
The Ricochet 2K Ricochet AK is older, so while it may be available used and in a few cases new, it is not commonly available anymore.
Places to Buy
No StoresSponsored Links

Write a review and share your thoughts with other paintballers.
Show:
Previous Page
Pages (23):  First  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  Last
        Next Page
ColorfulDeath Friday, June 10th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month1 of 1 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
3 years
Marker Setup: Tippmann 98 Custom, Flatline Barrel, Double Trigger, Red Dot Sight, Ricochet AK Hopper, and 20oz Co2 Tank.
Strengths: 12BPS, Durable, Viewing Window, Agitates with each ball fired, Loads From Top.
Weaknesses: When 5 or less balls it skips alot.
Review: I have used it 4 times and I have ben very satisfied by the balls per second except when there are few balls left in the hopper. As the agitator rotates it moves the ball around and it may take a full revolution to get the ball into the marker. Other than that it is an overall great hopper. The best thing I like about it is that it does not have a continuous agitation system, it agitates with each ball fire. Also the lid is on the top of the hopper so when you get out and raise your gun up the lid does not fly open and cause you to lose all of you paint.
Conclusion: This hopper is great for intermediate rec ball players.
Rating:
8 out of 10
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

yoky2008 Saturday, June 4th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month
Paintball
Experience:
More than 5 years
Similar
Products Used:
Vieloader Revvy, Halo TSA, Halo B w/ rip drive
Marker Setup: Spyder Imagine 04 (removed venturi)
4 stage X chamber
16" Smart Parts Boss Progressive
Physcho Ballistics Drop Forward
32* Rocket Pressure Chamber
Ricochet AK
Strengths: Fast
Cheap 34$
Shell
Weaknesses: Heavy
Review: This is a good hopper for a woods ball player like me. It is fast at times but it works well when you need it. You can shoot 14 PBS for 20 seconds before you misfire. It has an ajustable neck for easy fitting to your elbow or feed neck. One touch oeration makes it nice because you know if its on or off all the time.
Conclusion: This ia sweet hopper for a minimal price.
Rating:
10 out of 10
I found this review  
1 Comment - Add Comment

p8ntballguy1227 Tuesday, May 24th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Only tested
Paintball
Experience:
More than 5 years
Similar
Products Used:
i have used standard vl 200's but i have had the chance to use the egg hoppers and 12 volt revvy's ( both were friends)
Marker Setup: i have a 98 custom with a 12 inch cp barrel along with my trusty ak
Strengths: 1. Price i paid 45$ at 888paintball
2. Speed it does 12 i think more
Weaknesses: Speed it cant keep up with a halo
Review: i got my ak a week ago and the first thing i did was i got battery's and tested it. i keep old paint around for stuff like testing and i ran it through so far about 12-13 times. i have 1 i repeat ONE break in it and this stuff is over a year old i mean that is great. during my tests i noticed that it does at times like all loaders black out a little but well that is expected i mean its agitated but the plus side is that it also goes faster sometimes. i have yet to play with it but i will friday of this week so ill update it then. i love the fact that it has no timer i hate beeping noises and its so simple to use. the only down side i can find is tat when you are low on paint if you have the loader tilted back (shooting up) it wont load right this is because the geniuses that made it realized that when you run out of paint and you are sniping you are likely to not want to be heard. on revvy's when you run out it is constantly agitating this it stops when paint stops goin through. i love this thing i give it max score i recommend everyone buy it is cheap as hell at 888paintball bt it may vary on shipping k c yall later when i light ur asse's up on the field lol
Conclusion: I love it it's fast and cheap and so simple
Rating:
10 out of 10
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

Happy Face : ) Sunday, May 22nd, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month5 of 5 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
2 years
Similar
Products Used:
None
Marker Setup: Tippmann 98 Custom
Ricochet AK
Crappy Stock Barrel
Remote Line
16 0z. Co2
Strengths: See Review
Weaknesses: See Review
Review: I bought this hopper used from a friend because I hate when i break a ball and this was the cheapest electric hopper I could find. I did not have long to use this hopper due to some guy who threatened to call the cops on us.

Strengths

Speed
The Ricochet kept up with my shooting the entire game, and I didn't break a single ball. I must tell you that I do not shoot fast because I personally believe in accuracy over speed. At my fastest I was probably shooting at 6 bps which is well below the maximum loading speed of 12 bps. It is not the best loader, but it does the job for me.

Viewing Window
This is helpful for the obvious reason that you can see how much paint you have remaining. It is better than a solid colored hopper, but worse than a clear hopper. But because this is not a clear hopper it is much more camouflage than a clear hopper.

Ricochet Technology
The Ricochet Technology is not perfect, and I highly doubt there will ever be a hopper that will ricochet every ball that hits it. The angle at which the ball hits it decides if it will bounce or not. If the ball hits a side directly it will break, but if it hits at an angle, the ball has the ability to deflect. I say a hopper that can deflect some of the balls is better than a hopper that can deflect none of them. You decide what you want.

O-Ring Neck
The AK has two O-Rings on the feed neck to create a snug fit on any gun. On the Tippmann 98 Custom I really did not need these however because the elbow can be tightened to fit the hopper. The newer models come with a few different O-Rings, varying in sizes (I think)

Ball Tab (I don't know the "official" name for it)
This works in place of an 'eye' that would decide when to load the balls. The good thing about this tab is that a broken ball will not effect its performance. If paint manages to get on the 'eye', it could prevent it from reading the balls that are actually in the feed neck. It can also detect colored or translucent balls an eye could miss. This ball tab will count a ball as it falls which will then load the next ball into the feed neck.

Battery Compartment
The battery compartment is located in the lowest part in the farthest back point. It provides a concealed place to hide the battery. One of my friends has an Evolution II hopper and the battery compartment broke off. That is almost impossible in this case. The cover slides in two tracks and then locks in. To remove it all you have to do is pull it out. Only one 9 volt battery is needed which is a plus. (A piece of electric tape is recommended to add pressure to the back of the battery because the friend I bought it from said it would sometimes not work and that fixed it.)

Recessed On/Off Button
The on/off switch is located in the back and is in a small alcove to prevent accidental switching.

Cheap
I did buy my hopper from a friend for $25 which is below the price of a new hopper, but I have never heard of an electric hopper cheaper than $35 which is the price I saw for this hopper.

Weaknesses

Loud
A lot of people complain that the motor is pretty loud for the job it does, and I agree. However, I disagree that has an affect on anything. The hopper will only load the next ball after you shoot. If someone hears your hopper loading but not the ball being shot out of the gun, then they need to get their hearing checked.

Somewhat time consuming to clean
If a ball breaks in the hopper it can be a bit difficult to clean because you have to take the hopper apart by removing 7 screws on the side. These screws are not all the same size so to prevent even more time wasted arrange them in a way as to not forget which one goes where. Then the paint has to be wiped out with some sort of cloth. The trick is to not mess with the computer chip or the wires. Try to move them around as little as possible because paint should not be in that compartment anyway. Make sure not to forget the rubber on/off button. I accidentally put my hopper back together without it on, but I took out the back 3 or 4 screws which loosened it enough to put it back in.

170 Balls
This hopper only holds 170 rounds which isn't that many considering how much others can hold. I recommend that you carry pods with you on any game.

Shape and Weight
Some people don't like the shape and say it is heavy, but the shape is the deflective technology, and I really did not notice a difference in weight from any other hopper.
Conclusion: I would recommend this hopper for someone who wants a cheap electric hopper. Be aware that this is not the fastest hopper and it should not be used for high quality automatic triggers or someone who likes to shoot really fast. Carry pods with you due to small capacity of balls. Also do not expect every ball that hits it to bounce. I will give this a 9 because it is not perfect but it is pretty close in my opinion.
Rating:
9 out of 10Last edited on Wednesday, May 25th, 2005 at 3:21 pm PST
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

paint007 Monday, April 18th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
3 months2 of 3 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
3 years
Similar
Products Used:
VL hoppers
Marker Setup: Tl-x with C.A.M.D ESP E-frame, Riochet Ak hopper, and i run on a 20oz co2 tank
Strengths: Battery saver
window
+12bps
uses 1 9volt battery
cheap
looks cool
Weaknesses: Little loud
Only holds 170 paintballs
Review: Well, when i went to go get my e-frame, i knew i had to get a electro. hopper. At first I was about to get the Vl Revy. for $69. until i saw the Ricochet AK for only $55. They both feed the same rate only differents is that the revy. is break beam eye activated, and holds 200 balls. Well I just needed a hopper that can feed up to 12bps, and that saves batterys (hopper activates when a ball is fired), speaking of which the Revy. i was about to buy, uses 2 9 volt batterys. Plus i dont need to worry about the battery door coming off and i dont need to worry if my hopper comes off thats because the Ricochet has orings at the bottom you wont have to worry if ur hopper comes off.
Conclusion: This is a good gun for it's price get this hopper if you want a reliable hopper for $55 bucks
Rating:
9 out of 10Last edited on Wednesday, April 20th, 2005 at 6:47 pm PST
I found this review  
1 Comment - Add Comment

dp rocks Wednesday, April 6th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
1 year
Paintball
Experience:
2 years
Similar
Products Used:
revy, egg, halo
Marker Setup: black sp ion with ricochet apache, progressive barrel, new drop, and twister feed
Strengths: Nice window so you can see how much paint you have left
Very durable
Weaknesses: Kinda slow but feeds fast enough
Review: When i first got this i thought that it was really nice. the 12 bps is reasonable. the window on it really helps u out in a game so u know how much paint u got left. It is very very durable. I have dropped mine a lot and it barely has a scratch on it. This is a very good loader and it is pretty cheap and it looks nice. The ball deflection thing doesn't work at all, but the design makes it look nice.
Conclusion: Overall i think that this is a great loader. It feeds at a good speed, it is very light, it is kinda small, and it just looks good
Rating:
10 out of 10
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

kingman 1000 Tuesday, March 29th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
3 months
Paintball
Experience:
2 years
Similar
Products Used:
gravity feed hopper
Marker Setup: Spyder Xtra (colbat blue)
ESP C.A.M.D
Smart parts Pogressive barrel (silver)
68/3000 Pure Energy HPA with dye rhino tank cover
Rico AK hopper
dye invision
cp reg short (crome)
dye mini gague
New designz spyder hp valve
Strengths: > Deflection engineering
> Weed-wacker paddles
> Sensor tab
> Only uses one 9v battery
> Cheap
Weaknesses: > Only holds 170 rounds
> Skips a ball after about 15 balls
Review: I got this loader a cupple months ago and im pretty impressed with it. It feeds pretty fast about 10-12bps and only uses a 9 volt battery which lasts for 5000-6000 shots. Also the deflective engineering is sweet cause it deflects the balls that means almost zero hopper hits. I also like the weed-wacker style feed paddles they are good on the paint to which means no hopper breaks, and the rico AK uses a sensor tab instead of a eye so you can use and color shell paint with this loader.
Conclusion: Overall this is a great loader for low,mid end guns (ex.spyders ect.....) it feeds fast enuf for my gun. Go out and buy one now, very good loader for a 60 dollar price tag.
Rating:
10 out of 10
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

Kahona99 Monday, March 28th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
Less than a month0 of 1 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
Less than a month
Similar
Products Used:
$5 hoppers
Marker Setup: E-Rex Elite
Ricochet Rhino
Strengths: Helps with auto
Weaknesses: Speed-about 5-9
Review: Pretty good hopper, i purchased it with the E-Rex Elite. It came in a kit and it's really nice. I used my freinds guns with their hoppers (basic), they were slow and didn't help the bps (balls per second) at all. This boosts your auto's bps 1-5! i would give this a 8.8 but i can't.
Conclusion: Buy this if you have just bought your first auto, once you get better buy an evo II
Rating:
9 out of 10
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

EnProceso Wednesday, March 23rd, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
1 year
Paintball
Experience:
1 year
Similar
Products Used:
None
Marker Setup: Smart Parts Impulse w/ vision
SP LPR kit
ND equalizer bolt
ND hammer
ND magnetic trigger
Strengths: Deflects hits
Spare O-rings included
only needs 1 9V battery
easy on/off switch
Weaknesses: Wont feed as well when running low on paintballs
Review: I really like this hopper, it works awesome for its price. when your facing toward your target it really does deflect what could be hits to your hopper so you'll stay in the game longer! i also like the way you load it up from the top side instead of the back end, its easier to dump pods in it and if your lid pops open (which mine never has) you wont spill all over the place. it feeds the balls at a nice and steady pace and my impulse hasnt broken a ball yet (which is also the vision eye helping out too), but it can feed as fast as i need it to. the only part i dont like is when you running low on balls, like around 20 or so, it wont load them as fast since they are jumping around inside the hopper but as long as you carry spare pods you'll be alright.
Conclusion: If you want a good hopper but dont want to break bank on the halo b or reloader b, take a look into this one, i think its a great hopper.
Rating:
10 out of 10
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment

Anchor76 Tuesday, March 15th, 2005
Period of
Product Use:
1 year1 of 1 people found this review helpful.

Paintball
Experience:
4 years
Similar
Products Used:
None
Marker Setup: Gun Set-up
Spyder Xtra
C.A.M.D electric Frame
14 inch Dye Xcel barrel/ 12 inch View Loader
ACS delrin bolt
4 set shockteck Spring Kit
32* remote Line
Ricochet AK hopper
16 Co2 on/off
Strengths: Feeds 12 bps
Deflection
Nice design
One 9volt battery
Weaknesses: Reload from Top
Review: Well this hopper is kewl and it looks narly on my 98 custom Sniper as well, i think this hopper is the best because it uses one 9volt battery and the revolution 12 volt feeds the same as the AK also the revy uses two 9vlots batterys and AK one and feed the same rate so thats one good thing about the AK, also it has deflection shield but people say it dosent work, but lets use cammon sense lets say any hopper thats being shot theirs 100% chance of poping but the Ricochet Hoppers have deflection and maybe if your lucky it would deflect it but hey its better having deflection shield than none "right".
Conclusion: Since this was my 1st electric hopper im satisfied works well and i havent had anyproblems yet but maybe in the future ill get the evolution II
Rating:
10 out of 10Last edited on Saturday, March 26th, 2005 at 7:56 pm PST
I found this review  
0 Comments - Add Comment
Previous Page
Pages (23):  First  |  2  |  3  |  4  |  5  |  6  |  7  |  8  |  Last
        Next Page
Write a review and share your thoughts with other paintballers.
Show:
Places to Buy
No StoresSponsored Links


Help / FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertising Info  |  Link to Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Top

Paintball Review

Copyright © 2000-2014 Hillclimb Media